memories on the line

Cora's POV

i woke up in the middle of the night, i was being squeezed really hard was Newt having a nightmare or something. i tried to roll over to wake him up but his grip was too strong i just stroked his arm before humming a tune, i dont remember if it was a real song or not but i hummed it quietly seeing if it'd calm Newt down.

"Cora, no dont go in the maze.....but gally said...What're you doing.....not here" Newt was yelling out words from his dream before i felt something against my back, i realised what had happened. Newt was dreaming of dirty things...AND GALLY WAS INVOLVED WHAT!?

i elbowed Newt a couple of time before he groaned, i rolled over to face him taking in how close he actually was.

"Newt...what were you dreaming of?" he slowly blinked his eyes a couple of time before he just starred into my eyes. i placed my hand on his chest before i pushed him off the bed laughing and turning over, i covered myself in the sleeping bag again before Newt climbed back and this time laid on top of me.

"Newt get off, you were having dirty dreams and you got...ugh you got hard...ALSO your heavy, go solve your problems and dont come back, im sick" i smirked and he jumped up quickly, i couldnt really see what he did before he left the room because it was dark.

i heard the door open and shut before i heard Newt swear outside the door, i couldnt help but laughing about it to myself. i rolled over and shut my eyes trying to see if i could remember anything else about before the maze.

They're all dead, your mother, your father...all the ones you loved will kill you.

i sat up thinking about what my mind had just told me, the people who i loved will kill me, i dont remember anyone else but teresa and Newt...i sat there starring out the window when the door opened and shut, i didnt break my glare from the window.

the person slid in behind me, resting their chin on my shoulder wrapping their arms around my waist and moving me to sit in their lap, i looked at their face and saw Newt. 

"back so fast..." i spoke trying to sound happy but what i just thought doesnt make me feel sure, i feel sick in my stomach.

"yeah, i just got this feeling something was happening so i came back quickly" he spoke into my shoulder, sending shivers up my spin...I dont know if Newt felt or remembered anything from before the maze...but i couldnt do anything but sit.

"i had a dream, i remember you...and playing hide and seek...we hid in a closet...and i kissed you, i remember loving the feeling and wanting you right there and then, but we were caught a second later." Newt mumbled into my shoulder i turned to look at him he looked completely serious.

"Newt i remember that too, i remember us...i remember how you all got in this place...i remember doing this, to you...to teresa, i couldnt feel i was forced to do it" i spoke turning my body around fully before Newt slid down and got into a comfortable laying position, i layed on his chest listening to his hearts rapid movement.

"so its real, we are something....well were, i mean it obvious you like frypan.." i almost burst into laughter if i hadnt heard a scream from the room next door, me and Newt shot up running next door turning on the lantern and running to Teresas room.

Newt bust the door open and i ran in right behind him, i saw teresa sitting up in her bed tears threatning to spill, i almost did the same, Teresa almost screamed at the sight of us but it seemed she remembered us.

"CORA? no...no they put us in the box, im dreaming, im dead...i know it i wouldnt be seeing you, or him....No they killed you both...NO!" she was screaming and it seemed like she was going to wake the whole glade up.

i walked up to her as her tears flowed i wiped them away before whispering something in her ear.

"id never leave you behind, never in a million years...im nothing without my best friend" i pulled back before smiling and pulling her in for a hug, she was gasping for air and crying her tough heart out. i smiled before i head the door opened and Newt quickly shooed them out leaving the lantern behind.

"Cora...its all real? the Maze...everything?" i nodded and she quickly wipped her tears away. 

"i have so much to tell you, so much has happened and its only been a couple of days, also a lot to tell you about how the guys have changed" i smirked and she laughed a bit before she yawned, i got up and walked over to the lantern.

"ill see you tomorrow yean?" i asked just before i left "yeah you cant get rid of me that easy" i smiled and shut the door behind me before jumping about wanting to scream at the top of my voice. but settled for a little random dance in the hallway before Newt opened the door to look at me.

"uh yeah, um ill get going to my sleeping bag outside..thanks for the bed" i said before walking backwards, Newt walked forward and grabbed my hand and intertwining his with mine.

"Cora i know you like frypan but i feel like i cant let you go, something in my stomach tells me i shouldnt" i stood there and looked Newt in the eyes before going up on my tippy toes kissing Newt.

"i know you dont remember what we had before the Maze but fall in love with me again, No scientists...No games from the creators...Fall in love with who i am, not who i was, ill do the same, ill love the New Newt." with that i let go of his hand and ran out of the homestead out towards thomas and chucks sleeping spot, i was spinning and jumping not feeling tired at all.

i felt like i was walking on air finally, for the first time since i got here...

*****
A/N

i dont know why but i dont think they should be together just yet i mean Newts only just met her 3 days ago and its already progressed this much