Part 15

Coras POV.

that night nobody slept, everyone just kind of sat there in relief that it wasnt them...its horrible to think but it was the truth. Newt was starring at the wall opposite us, i leaned my head on his shoulder shutting my eyes thinking for a bit.

"you okay cora?" Newt whispered to me i nodded, Newt then leaned his head on top of mine. we sat there for a while eventually falling asleep. we were woken up by tommy and Minho, they looked ready to go but something was holding them back.

"we got some stuff to discuss Newt get your ass up" Minho said pulling Newt up leaving me to fall from the position i was in all night, god damn it stiff neck. Thomas then held a hand infront of me, i nodded my head before helping me up.

once i was up i rubbed my Neck watching Newt and Minho get into a heated discussion, i turned to tommy and he was smiling at the two boys.

"whats that about?" i asked my eyes not leaving the two boys. 

"we want to spend a night in the maze i mean its no safer than here now"  i looked at thomas shocked before Minho and Newt started shouting, they turned to us and glared before Newt calmly asked us "what do you guys think of this situation?" Newt stared at me but then so did the other two boys.

i fiddled with my fingers thinking about what thomas had said earlier, its basically no different, instead of waiting for someone to be taken for the night to do it. i looked up and took a deep breath.

"i reckon they should go, its better than waiting for another person to be taken...they're just my thoughts..." i shrugged and walked out of the homestead towards the shed, i heard my name being called out a couple of times before the ground under me was further away than before.

i looked behind me to see Minho and thomas with a grumpy looking Newt, they were hugging me before they left for their long journey in the maze. once they had shared their excitement with me i turned to see the grumpy Newt.

"Newt whats wrong with letting them go?" i walked over and held is hands for a second before he snatched them away, i was rather hurt by his actions but blamed it on his emotions.

"they're my best mates, what if one of them dies in there huh? i said yes to that happening" he yelled at me raising his arms, i moved back flinching slightly. Newt looked hurt by what i did he engulfed me in a hug.

"did you think i was going to hit you" Newt whispered in my ear, i Nodded placing my hands on his back.

"id never hurt you, never." he said pulling back kissing my forehead, he held my hand and stared at me before kissing me and moving us so my back was against the homestead. everything in that moment felt all heated before Teresa kicked Newt in the shin and dragged me away to the shed, Newt looked annoyed before following along behind slowly.

"Cora! i know you didnt see it but Newt was legit putting his hand up in your shirt and down your pants!" i looked at her weird before she was explaining that all the other boys were watching and saying that i was a slut.

i nodded before we climbed down the ladder and started tracing the maze, soon Newt came down with a couple more boys that he explained we could trust with all this big news. i was talking to teresa who then leaned closer to me.

"Newt keeps looking at you...dirty bastard wants to get into your pants" Teresa laughed before returning to tracing, i glanced over my shoulder to look at Newt he was starring, he blushed and turned back around when i looked.

i giggled to myself quietly before we all went on silently tracing, hours went past and we all started hearing the noises of the Grievers, we all frozen realising the time. we all silently walked around and blew out the torches.

"oh shit we stayed in here for to long, were dead" one of the boys said in the dark, we all were sitting in the dark waiting for this nights set of screams, it felt like spiders were crawling all over my body waiting to know that its safe.

our breaths were the only thing that we could hear, then it happened the scream, it seemed like it never ended...just a endless string of that poor boys screams for help. i shut my eyes as my breaths started to hitch at times.

soon Newt went and lit the torches, he looked mature at that moment how he had everything under controll, i stared at him as panic eruppted all around us but it seemed like only him to me, i stood up and walked over to him hugging him tightly.

he rubbed my back before pulling out of the hug looking me in the eyes before i nodded and we went back to our seats, we worked all night until Thomas walked in and looked at us, our eyes all sunken and the glow in our eyes all gone.

"you guys okay?" thomas asked before some of us got up and pushed out, only Teresa, Newt and i were left. Teresas head kept nodding in and out of sleep, Newt yawned and leaned on the desk before i stood up and patted thomas' shoulder before handing him a piece of paper with the words 'FLOAT.CATCH.BLEED' 

"We still dont understand how this will get us out of the shucking maze..." i walked out after that reaching a real grassy part before crawling on it and laying down, sleep almost overtaking me when a body laid next to me...Newt. with that sleep took over, i was woken up by chuck yelling at Newt that alby was fine now after someone tried knocking him out.

i groaned and held my hand over my eyes expecting the suns light to introde...but then i remembered the suns gone and we were left with this dull sky. i rolled on to my back before sitting up, i was then lifted into the air. 

i placed my hand on a familiar chest, Newt was carrying me for some reason...lately he has been so touchy feely. i leaned my head on his chest listening to his heart, i wanted to ask so many questions but i stayed silent. 

once we got in the homestead i was sleepy again but then i told Newt to put me down, we climbed the stairs and walked to albys room, he seemed calm for someone who was sabotaged. Newt sat in the seat leaving me to stand before he pulled me down on to his lap.

"please, leave me alone if your just going to undress each other with your eyes"  i laughed before i left the room leaving Newt and alby to have some of their old best friend times, i wonder what it was like for them all these years.

night finally fell and this time everyone was prepared to be taken, then the burst of the grievers getting through the barriers the builders built, and the sounds they make just the regular now...the sad fact that we all can say that now.

the same goes again tonight, another boy being taken....thomas running afte- WHAT! thomas ran after the boy getting stung what seemed like a thousand times before the grievers took off with the boy.

*****
A/N dudes school is finally out! and i was wondering if you want more Newt and Cora action than just going with the plot....either way Newt was a dirty boy in this chapter...but yeah comment what you want to see more of! the more comments the better! i feel motivated when you comment!