Part 7

Cora's POV.

I woke up just as the runners left this morning and headed to the kitchen, i was walking rather slow being tired of all last nights events, i defiantly have to tell Frypan about how Newt thinks i like him...it's to good not to.

i walked into the kitchen and saw frypan, i sneeked over to scare the klunk out of him. i Jumped up behind him yelling at the top of my voice and he turned around with a spoon in his hand, i put my hands up laughing at him.

"oh no, please Frypan please....please dont Spoon me to death." he lowered his spoon and stared at me unamused, before cracking a small smile.

"okay, ill let you go...only if you tell me what you and Newt were doing last night, Gally said you spent the Night together?" Frypan raised his eyebrows up and down before i sat on the bench next to where he was cooking.

"oh...you know some casual sex....i may be pregnant...never know....Idiot of course nothing happened but i can tell you something, Newt thinks i like you" i burst into laughter at the end and Frypan stopped stirring and almost spilt breakfast.

"you kidding, that kid is a slinthead, i hope you told him you dont" i laughed and nodded, cause i did in a way...i mean who kisses someone they dont like.

"my god, Newt is frustrating." Frypan was shaking his head as he continued stirring, i looked in the pot and saw what looked like some messed up baked beans.

"Well also teresa woke up..." i said like it was something he should know, he nodded and continued doing what he was doing...nothing special obviously.

"wow what a reaction, calm down Frypan its only Teresa!" i exclaimed in a dull way leaning my head back against the wall. before looking out over the counter at the maze doors, i turned to look away and stare at the pot.

"is there a way out...do you think we can get out?" i spoke to Frypan trying to convince myself there was, i mean every maze has a way out right. i coughed before getting up and wondering around the kitchen.

"i dont know, we only have hope...so i hope there is a way out." he spoke quietly before someone ran into the dinning area, it was Newt looking absolutly tired. Maybe he couldnt sleep after all of what happened.

"good morning Newt, i spoke out as i collected Clint, Jeff and teresas breakfast. i tired to carry it all at once nearly dropping a bowl. Newt walked in a grabbed two helping me carry them.

"Mornin' Frypan, Cora... breakfast smells good this morning." he said while walking over to the back door.

"i guess your helping me take them over...ill be back soon Fry." i opened the door for me and Newt, we were walking side by side in silence, My arm brushed Newts and he moved away from me, oh god i guess Newt wasnt comfortable with my statement last night.

"so Newt, you working out in the fields today?" i tried to strike a conversation after that but Newt just responded with One word answers.

"Newt, did i do something wrong..." i asked as we reached the homestead, Newt shook his head and walked upstairs to give clint and jeff their food, i gave teresa hers. i sat down on her bed as she was starring at my face.

"something is up, whats up?" she asked trying to dig into what i was thinking, i laid back on her bed and just sighed for a second.

"I dont think Newt likes what i did last night, i just...i told him to love me for who i am now and id do the same..." i covered my face with my hands and groaned into it.

"that was stupid to say wasnt it" i mumbled and teresa shot out a quick "yeah it was" causing me to sigh and groan more.

"i dont know what Newt wants from me, one day he is laying next to me on a bed then the Next he wont say more than one word to me" she laughed a bit before putting her bowl down, and clapped her hands.

"well he obviously doesnt hate you if he took jeff and clints breakfast for you, that reminds me...is Thomas here?" i nodded before sitting up and looking out the window to see if i could see him in the fields.

"i dont think thomas remembers us but he's out in the fields see that boy with the blue top...yeah thats him" i said when she came and stood by my side, patting my shoulder also pointing out the window.

"Notice there is a boy missing, which means Newts waiting for you...you guys have a past so dont wreck your future." i smiled before giving her a brisk hug, and running out the door and down the stairs to see Newt leaning against the wall near the exit.

i smiled at him before walking over to him and just standing there "so want to come grab some breakfast with me?" he Nodded before taking my hand and leading me out the door, we walked to the kitchen Newt taking me by the hand leading me there. 

"Hey stay here okay?" Newt spoke as soon as we reached the kitchen, he walked in and grabbed to bowls. we walked up to the look out tower sitting and eating our breakfast, we were mucking around sticking tongues out at each, other making faces and stealing each others food.

"Newt, you know i dont like Frypan right?" i spoke once we settled on finishing our food, he looked up and shook his head.

"well i dont, i feel like my heart hasnt gotten over you from before the maze" i smiled before moving closer to Newt, legs and shoulders touching.

"so...your in love with me?" he asked quietly as if he was afraid of the answer. i nudged him before smiling.

"im falling in love with you again" i spoke leaning on his shoulder, before i set my bowl down and intertwined our fingers, we sat there staring at the doors to the Maze.

"i noticed something before, i confirmed it with Frypan but you have a limp...what happened?" i asked curiousity taking over.

"uh well i used to be a runner and i wasnt watching where i was going and i did something to my ankle and since jeff and clint arent real doctors it could be healed properly" i moved my head off his shoulder looking up at him. 

"so you know if there is a way out?" i spoke and he looked down, something about this didnt give me hope.

"we've searched the whole maze, nothings out there. i gave up a year ago, its hopeless." i looked down and felt my eyes water up.

"your lying, right?" i asked softly before he brought me in for a hug, and shook his head, i felt like a weak child who just cried all the time, in the forest....Newt seems to be the only one i can cry in front of. 

"sadly im not lying" newt spoke in a hush tone...no hope huh