Part 11

Coras POV.

i woke up in a empty bed, i proped myself up a bit and looked around the room to see breakfast on my bedside table, i rolled over and smiled at the food. i sat up and ate my breakfast carefully before someone barged into the room.....chuck.

"Cora... Newt..Alby quick." he wheezed out and i placed my food on my table before rushing to Alby's room. Newt was in there starring at his friend with the slightest hint of tears in his eyes, he turned his attention to me and chuck when we entered.

"ah good work chuck...you can leave now" Newt spoke quietly as if Alby was asleep, id been hearing his screams for 2 whole nights now, the whole changing thing i still didnt understand fully and how long it last but Newt seemed upset.

"Newt? whats up." i crouched and placed a hand on his leg to stablise myself, Newt shook his head before placing his hand on top of mine.

"Alby has been speaking through the changing, Clint and Jeff have been writing notes down on what he says..." Newt looked beside him before handing me the notes, i looked down and read them.

'we cant leave, its no safer than here' and then it just kept repeating itself, i stood up and placed it back on the table, before looking down at Alby, i mean i knew how much he worked to get everything to work perfectly in this place but i also Newt needed him so much.

"Newt, come on lets go?" i slowly took his hand and tugged on his hand a bit but he sat there, starring at Ably tears now rolling down his face. i walked over and hugged him taking his head onto my shoulder.

"Newtie, you cant sit here torturing yourself...we can ask what Alby means when he wakes up." i whispered in his ear before he softly nodded, i leaned back up and held Newts hand tightly before walking back into his room.

"you rest, today ill do your work...come get me when your feeling better." i said pushing Newt down on to the bed, he looked up to me with shock, shaking his head refusing to stay put.

"No i can do my job, its fine" he tried to get back up and i held his chest down, i leaned down and kissed his jaw line before i whispered in his ear. 

"Newt, please stay. just sleep a bit and then you can work" he kissed my shoulder before lying down in the bed, still holding my hand as i headed towards the door of the room, slowly he let go before i waved and shut the door behind me.

i walked out of the homestead and ran over to the gardens before picking up a rake, Zart looked at me weird, taking the rake off me. i glared at him crossing my arms.

"What're you doing Zart?" i asked sounding a bit more pissed than i was.

"Uh for starters, your a shucking girl...you cant be a track hoe and secondly your going to get bruises and scratches from doing this let along the lifting part of the job." one of the boys behind him laughed, i grabbed the rake and started raking.

"dont care, just cause im a girl doesnt mean i cant do what your doing" i stuck my tongue out at him before continuing with the work. i hated how they treated me and teresa differently...they even gave teresa and me jobs that were made just for us!

---

half the day was gone, i was carrying a whole basket of wood...i have to admit it was heavy but i wasnt going to let them have the satisfaction of knowing i couldnt keep up with them. my breaths were ridged and rough...luckily the lunch bell rang and the boys all went to lunch. i had to get this back before they returned.

"come on, its not that far" i mumbled to myself i felt the basket digging in, the hard straw cutting into my skin, i clenched my mouth to stop my voice from showing the hurt. i placed the basket down next to all the others. 

i pulled at my arm seeing the blood drip down, i shook my head before licking my thumb and rubbing it off.  i was a bit behind in the duties so i decided to skip lunch and catch up, i cant leave any work for Newt to do.

---

after id caught up i was sitting against a pole catching my breath, i saw Newt running towards me in the distance with a not so please face, i swear as soon as something bad happens and gets better something just as bad happens, i braced myself

Newt stopped right in front of me, towering over me making my squint just to see his face. he pulled me up and leaded my to the little river in the forest before making me sit, he jumped in and grabbed some water on his hands rubbing my face like a mother cat.

i guess i got real dirty working as a track hoe. i smiled at Newt as he was rubbing my jaw with his thumb before throwing water at me.

"dont be so shucking stupid Cora, you didnt have to do all my work.. you even got injured in the process, a lot." he continued scrubbing at my face, i felt a bit embarrassed that he New how hard i tried to keep up with the rest.

"im sorry Newt, im not weak-"

"but your a girl stupid, your skin is more delicate than ours and bruises way easy" i smiled at how he felt when i did a 'girl' wasnt meant to, the fact he cared too. once Newt had finished with my face i leaned forward and kissed him, Newt rolling us over next to the river. His hands were venturing up my top we didnt even Break our kiss for almost 3 minutes.

Newt found his way to my chest before pulling back and starring down at me, i laughed before he kissed me again now massaging my chest, my back was arching for the contact of Newt. Newt then broke the kiss only to kiss down my neck, he stopped at a point biting my neck.

i heard a stick crack and i almost threw newt off me as i rolled into the river, washing Newts saliva off my Neck and gripping at the spot he nibbled at. i Turned to see Chuck, it didnt seem like he saw us. 

he walked down to Newt before whispering something in his ear Newt looked at me before offering me a hand out of the river which i was now soaked because of, and my stupid white top became see through. Newt saw this and took off his top leaving him in his singlet, i took off my wet top when Newt covered chucks eyes, i slid his top on and it was almost like a dress on me...since it was i took my pants off too.

"i hope i get these dry by tomorrow, mean i dont have any other clothes yet" i laughed rubbing my hair getting the water out of it, Newt blushed and pulled me closer as we started walking off the where chuck was leading us.

"Whats up chuck?" Chuck looked back before Newt made him face forward, i burried my face in Newts back, hiding my blush...Newt was so protective, this is something i dont remember from before the maze.

"Thomas needs to be locked away for the night and tomorrow" Chuck spoke calmly even though tommy was his big brother in the glade, plus the only one who could stand chucks constant talking most of the time.

"Cora, i want you to go back to the homestead and wait in the room, ill get you some clothes.." i nodded before talking a forest path to the homestead, that way id be less likely to be seen.

*****
A/N....So i guess you can tell NEXT CHAPTER THINGS ABOUT TO GET DIRTY, but dudes imagine if thomas brodie sangster was a dad, look at that photo, i want it now...AHHHH so cute