Part 20

Coras POV.

Newt and Alby gathered all the keepers as i ran around telling some boys about the gathering, soon enough all the boys were all cramped in the small area, obviously not meant for this many boys to be in, facing the Keepers waiting for the gathering to start, the boys around me were all curious about what the meeting could be about.

i sat there in silence just waiting, the room was growing hotter by the second before Alby finally yelled to get the gathering officially started, everything grew silent as we listened to Alby and Newt explain the plan. 

Minho occasionally spoke up adding in a few instructions here and there, mostly tips on how to run in the maze. i guess i should really listen running isnt really my thing at times, Newt went on to telling them all about the weapons and the code...

eventually we were finally allowed out of the boiling hot room, once all the boys piled out we found out only some of the boys wanted to stay behind, there was at least 40 of them who wanted to come everyone went into different groups most made weapons, others helped Frypan pack some food.

i turned to look at the boys inside the gathering room, the boy with the limp and the leader...the other keepers wer filing out now as i stood watching them. you could discribe them in so many ways but id have to say they're bestfriends.

Newt was doing the thing where he'd rub his lips when he was stressed, he was still discussing things with Alby so i decided to go Help the boys make weapons. i ran after Minho who went to the weapons room with some of the stronger boys taking up the chests of Knifes and machettes.

i took the chest of running shoes out so the boys could change into more comfortable shoes to run, i struggled to get it out the sheds basement, i was pushing on it until my vision went blurry. suddenly the chest of shoes was lifted up, i saw Alby looking down at me like a disappointed parent.

"dont be a slinthead, you couldve injured yourself and not been able to run with the rest of us to escape." he spat out all of those words with venom, it seemed like ben when he was going through the changing. i nodded watching him walk out of the shed before climbing up, i brushed the dirt off the shirt Newt lended me.

i felt tears flow into my eyes so i turned around trying to blink them away, as soon as they kind of vanished i turned around to look at Newt leaning on the door frame, he opened his arms and i walked into them.

"Never Knew you were the type of girl to cry after being told off"he laughed, i smiled before pushing him away.

"im not a cry baby, its just something about Alby scares me" i mumbled the last part out causing Newt to burst into laughter.

"Alby may seem scary but he really cares, like he asked me this morning how you were coping with the...uh incident last night" i smiled and nodded before sliding past Newt out the door way.

"Maybe i should date him, i mean have you seen those arms." i laughed out as Newt looked shocked before flicking me on the forehead and walking away.

"ouch, Newt here come here let me do it back to you" i said running after him playfully, i jumped on his back as he spun us around. i was laughing so much it felt like a date...i mean i think its like a date anyway.

"Hey Cora.." Newt said after i slid down of his back taking his hand and walking by his side.

"Yes Newt?" i was wipping the tears out of my eyes from the laughter as i replied.

"Minho said that to make you fall in love i'd have to make you laugh, but every time you laugh im the one who falls more madly in love with you" i looked down and smiled, that was probably the sweetest thing a boy in a maze could say.

"I fall in love with you every second that passes Newt, so you dont have to worry about keeping me or impressing me. 100% yours" i spoke out shyly, this was the first time that Newts made me feel really embarrassed. im glad im his.

---

a few hours later the runners decided it was time to go if they wanted the advantage on the grievers, Alby didnt seem like himself so Newt took charge, i ran along with Alby just to keep my suspisions under control.

"Be careful, Dont die!" i heard Minho called out with a snide comment from Newt following.

"Great we're all bloody inspired" i smirked to myself holding my weapon in a position where i wont fall and stab myself with, We all started sprinting off into the maze, this was my first time out here and the walls seemed intimidating but made me feel at peace looking at the vines growth.

"Hey alby!" i called to the boy Next to me, he turned his head showing he'd heard me but then turned it back, i took it as a sign to continue.

"What was Newt like when you guys became close?" i spoke interested to see if there was something about Newt i could Know. Alby kept running for a bit before opening his mouth.

"keep it quiet slinthead your wasting energy, whatever he hasnt told you he doesnt want you to know" Alby seemed so cruel towards me, i continued thinking about how Newt said he cared but i couldnt really see the compassion in the whole 'slinthead thing'

i continued to run all the thinking making me feel sick, i sprinted to the side of the Maze and threw up, i groaned and kicked the wall before i saw Newt changing spots with Minho, i got back in to the group towards the back this time as i watched Newt try to find Thomas, teresa or me in the crowd.

i didnt want Newt to know i was sick he might worry but the thing is we cant worry about petty stuff right now all we can do is focus on escaping and everything. i ran up to Newt and waved before he waved back.

we turned the corner towards the cliff to see grievers waiting there, we looked the way we came and Grievers were coming up from every way the T section area had, we all formed a circle and everyone was mumbling and cursing that they're practically all ready dead.

Alby walked out towards the Grievers Near the Cliff, Everyone was shocked but No one had the guts to run after him and bring him back all we did was watch...watch him walk to his death as the grievers surrounded him...The Next moment all you could hear were screams... and the maze becoming redder by the second, it was obvious what alby was thinking. 

the one a night thing but....this night was obviously going to be different, this night we're going to have to fight for our lives.

*****
A/N haha its funny i was just going to write like the first 500 words for this since im going out tomorrow but bam here is another chapter....haha its leading to the blood shed part....there may be detail in the next one...THATS THE PARTY BUS BTW