Part 14

Coras POV.

as soon as the sounds of those words left the air everyone kind of just stood around looking shocked, alby walked out into the open with Jeff and Clint behind him making sure he was fine, his face winced a bit as he walked but other than that he did a 360 in health.

"ALRIGHT SHANKS, GET IN THE HOMESTEAD! NOW!" alby yelled and Newt dragged me along running, i looked behind to see all the boys running around us. i turned forward and run with all my efforts towards the homestead, i saw thomas and minho in front of me and Newt.

soon we were all in the homestead most climbing up the stairs some staying down and huddling on the floor, I went into Newts room with thomas and a couple of others guys. Newt sat on the Bed as the other boys boarded up the window.

then soon the shrieks of Grievers filled the air, the sounds they made while rolling...the sounds of their legs clicking against the ground, all haunting to hear We all stayed quiet until gally burst through the door and started yelling "they'll take one a day...its all your fault, one a day" while he was yelling he was pulling the boards off the window. 

i heard a griever climb the walls before it burst through and observed us all, well the ones who were too shocked to run, the griever then grabbed Newts leg, i heard a scream of agony come from Newt as the griever started to lift Newts leg, Gally watched for a moment as thomas tried to break the arm of the griever, Gally suddenly sprung into action and jumped on the griever which then retreated with all its friends engulfing Gally.

i watched before i heard Newt groan out in agony, i whipped my head to see him gripping his leg which was bleeding everywhere.

"QUICK SOMEONE GET A MED-JACK!" i yelled and thomas nodded, i rushed over and applied pressure to his wound making him scream tensing his whole body, it pained to hear that come from Newt but i held it down.

"hey at least your not a girl and going through this once every month" i joked to Newt, his face quirked a pained smile but it did make me feel better seeing that, soon jeff and clint walked in Thomas walked over to the window before banging the wall next to it.

i let Jeff and clint take care of Newt for a second peeking out the window to see the maps room on fire, i was shocked and wanted to run finding out what happened, but i decided id discover what happened when Newt did.

"whats out there?" Clint spoke while Jeff bandaged up Newts leg, i nodded to the window before he raised his eyebrows.

"the maps room is on fire" i said with no emotion Knowing the whole glade was going to klunk, 3 shucking years its worked for and then with in the week Thomas, Teresa and I appeared it, its almost fallen appart.

i looked over to Them to see Newt sitting up and hurrying them up, i shook my head before Newt got up and walked out the door, his limp standing out more than it ever has, i walked behind him thanking Jeff and Clint as we left.

"Alby said he was going to study the maps for something, someone sabotaged us" Newt mumbled out as we made our way to the now burning room, someone found alby unconsious away from the room.

I looked at the rising flames as they danced to the wind, i felt Newt move and talk to others... i stared and watched, before i heard minho yell with Thomas and Teresa Next to him, thomas looked like he was explaining himself before Minho started ruffling his hair.

i walked over soon followed by Newt, we all stood in a circle watching alby being taken to the med-jacks to rest a bit. before Thomas nudged us away from the rest of the gladers Newt pulled me closer so he could lean on my shoulder while tommy talked.

"so i may've figured something out but its useless if all the maps have been destroyed." thomas spoke in a hush tone before Minho and Newt looked at each other.

"okay tommy so we trust you and well, the maps are hidden away incase something like this happened, they are in the secret part of the shed" Newt spoke out and Thomas' face lit up with hope again.

"so i was think about how Minho told me the runners compared the sections to the same section...what if we put them on top of each other, cause the maze is a Code!" thomas clapped his hands, i snapped out of my thoughts, the word code left me hanging on to something on the end of my brain.

"how do we know its right? what if its just a waste of resources?" Minho spoke out questioning the idea, thomas and teresa looked at each other before i spoke out about the idea.

"the maze is a Code, it makes me remember something....i know its right, i just dont know how its done but trust thomas." i sighed scratching at my arm, Minho raised his eyebrows at me before he sighed and nodded.

"if Newt trusts you shanks then im in." Minho and thomas jogged over to the shed, i stood and let Newt walk ahead before i wondered behind starring at his back as he walked, i noticed him stop before he turned to look at me.

"dont look at my butt perv" he smiled and i jogged up before snaking my arm around his back.

"this is a serious situation Newt the lifes of everysingle person you see now are in the hands of this idea and all you can think is im looking at your cute ass, well not now" i smiled toward the end as we all arrived at the shed, they lead us down under to this secret area.

"okay so we are going to need some baking paper" thomas spoke as teresa ran and got a whole bunch, no doubt Frypan tried to disagree with that now the box doesnt bring supplies. thomas started to trace section 1 to 8 of the same day together before it made the letter F.

"well call me a shank...the bloody things a Code" Newt called out smiling like a retard, minho mumbled shank before Newt punched him in the shoulder. it got late but we managed to get F,L and O before thomas and Minho went back into the maze.

Me, Newt and Teresa all sat in there tracing days of the maze making more letters soon we had enough letters to make out the word but night was almost falling which meant the grievers would return.

FLOAT. 

float was the first word, i smiled when we figured it out, we all jumped around a bit before we exited and headed to the Homestead and all gathering in eventually, our once peaceful lifes now in fear that grievers will roll in and take you next. the runners had all gathered in the homestead and all sat talking until the sounds of the grievers whirling shut all of us up.

i kept Newt close and held his hand tightly shutting my eyes when the screams of a boy sounded of and out towards the maze, seconds after Minho got up and sprinted out into the maze after the grievers every glader running to the gate.

he came back 15 minutes later panting before saying something only a couple would know.

"they took him into the griever hole, you were right thats our way out"