Chapter 4

With the Company)

"I must speak with Lord Elrond," Gandalf said.

"My Lord Elrond is not here," LIndir replied.

Gandalf frowned, "not here? Where is he?"

Suddenly, a horn blew and the dwarves all turned to see elves riding towards them. The dwarves all crowded together, drawing their weapons as the elves rode around them.

"Gandalf!" the lead elf greeted.

"Lord Elrond!" Gandalf greeted. "My friend. Where have you been?"

"We were chasing an orc pack by the pass." Elrond replied, dismounting. "Strange for orcs to come so close to our borders. Something or someone has drawn them near.

"Ah that may have been us," Gandalf admitted.

Elrond was about to turn and greet them when Valarin rode over to him quickly, "My lord. Lady Persephone has passed out."

At once, all the dwarves looked up in shock as the elf dismounted, lifting a limp body from the back of the horse. The elf gently held the unconscious girl in his arms as her head lulled back.

"Sepha!" FIli and Kili shouted in unison.

Dwalin, who stood near Thorin, could do nothing to contain his concern except grip his axe tighter.

"Sepha...." Gandalf whispered, "What happened?"

"Arrow to the shoulder," Elrond replied as Valarin brought the girl toward him. "She's healing but suffering from the pain. We'll have her healed in no time."

With that, Valarin walked passed the dwarves, carrying the girl. Fili and Kili managed to push forward and grip the girl's unconscious hand as she passed.

Thorin stared as the tall elf carried away the girl. He felt a deep fear clutch his chest, knowing that he had been the cause of her injury.

LATER

When Persephone opened her eyes, she realized that she was in a healing room in Rivendell.

Arwen was bending over her, smiling sweetly, "Ah you're awake!"

Persephone sat up and realized that the pain in her shoulder was gone. "How long have I been out?"

"Only for about an hour," Arwen replied. "Your friends and Gandalf are eating with my father."

Persephone nodded and rose to her feet, "I'm rather starved myself. I think I'll join them."

Arwen smiled and held out a dress to the girl, "Get dressed then. They're on the terrace."

Persephone quickly did her hair in an elvish style and changed into a deep emerald dress.

When she finished, she exited the room and soon found Valarin and Arwen waiting for her. When she had stayed in Rivendell, the two had become like siblings to her and she absolutely adored them. Valarin at one point had asked Persephone to court him but she had declined, knowing that he wasn't her One.

The two led her to the terrace but left her there, having other places they needed to be. Sepha stepped onto the terrace and was about to approach Lord Elrond when everyone noticed her presence by Kili's voice.

"Sepha!"

The young dwarf surged from his table and drew the woman in for a hug. Sepha smiled at his enthusiastic attitude and hugged him back. When the dwarf released her, his eyes widened and he blushed bright red.