Chapter 15

"Seph are you out of your mind?" FIli cried from his cell. "Who knows what they will do to you if you agree."

"He could very well not go with his word and just up and rape you!" Dwalin shouted.

Gloin and OIn didn't make a sound but kept ramming each other against their gate in an attempt to get out. Sepha was sitting in the furthest, darkest corner of her cell as far from THorin as she could. He was pacing back and forth in his cell, pinching the bridge of his nose and looking fully conflicted and worried.

"Can't we just wait for the halfling?" Bofur asked, stating the obvious

"What if he never comes?" Ori asked.

"Maybe Sepha has the right idea," Nori admitted.

"ARE YOU CRAZY!" half the dwarves hollered, making a ruckus.

"Sepha dear," Balin said through the bars. "Can't you just let us wait for a while and see if we can find a way out of this one?"

When Sepha didn't reply, all the dwarves began to chatter again. Finally the girl had enough and rising to her feet, she morphed into a massive wolf and rammed her head against the bars, silencing the dwarves.

"ENOUGH!" she cried, "JUST STOP!"

Her voice at first had been strong and demanding but as she continued, they could hear it breaking as she morphed back to human and tears sprang to her eyes, "Just....stop....please...."

She slowly slid down the bars of her cell and sat on the ground, pulling her knees to her chest. "I'm just a wolf.... a beast. Let me trade the beast for your freedom... please..."

AT once the dwarves began to object again, not at her idea but at the fact that she had called herself a beast. They knew she was implying that she wasn't worthy and they tried to talk her out of it. THorin noticed tears streaming down Sepha's face so walking to the gate of his cell, he yelled.

"SHAZAR!" he yelled.

Instantly the dwarves shut up and the prison was swallowed in silence. THorin walked over to the bars that separated him and SEpha and crouched down as close to the girl as he could.

"Sepha," he whispered softly. "I know I'm the last person you want to talk to right now but... please don't do this."

Sepha lifted her emerald green eyes to look at the dwarf prince and for a moment, THorin thought she would agree. Her eyes pooled with tears and she slowly shook her head, "It's better for everyone if I do."

"Sepha," thorin whispered but he was cut off by the appearance of Legolas.

At first he had a right mind to yell at the elf but when he saw the pale, concerned and horrified look on the elf's face, he knew that Legolas was just as concerned for the girl as he was.

"Sepha," Legolas said. "before I open this gate, please try to reconsider."

Sepha rose to her feet and shook her head, "This isnt like last time Legolas. It isnt just one girl you and Tauriel are sneaking out of the palace... it's a company. It's better if it is done this way. That way, your father will not put two and two together and get the two of you in trouble... and there will be less casualties."

Legolas sighed and shook his head, lowering his eyes from Sepha.

"Open the gate please Legolas," Sepha whispered.

The elf lifted his eyes and for a split second he met eyes with Thorin. Their expressions were identical and they knew it.

Sighing, the elf opened the gate and placing a hand on Sepha's elbow, led her out.