Chapter 20

This doesn't feel right," SEpha whispered.

They had reached raven hill.... but Azog was nowhere to be seen.

"I think Azog has fled," Kili whispered.

"I don't think so," Thorin replied, worry lacing his voice.

Sepha sniffed the air. She could still smell the stench of the beast... where was he?

"Fili," Thorin said. "Take your brother and scout the tower. Do not engage do you understand?"

The two nodded and scurried off.

"Thorin," SEpha whispered. "I have a bad feeling about this."

THorin walked over to the girl and stood beside her, watching Fili and Kili walk across the ice. He laced his fingers with hers and squeezed her hand.

"Me too."

"Goblin mercenaries," Dwalin interrupted. "no more than a hundred."

"We'll take care of them," Thorin replied. "Sepha... follow the boys. Make sure they are alright."

Sepha nodded and morphed into a wolf before scurrying off quietly across the ice. She soon realized there were orcs everywhere and she began to battle them.... then she heard the voice of Azog somewhere above.

Meanwhile, Thorin and Dwalin were waiting for SEpha and the boys to return.

"THorin," Bilbo's voice cried from behind them.

They spun around and Thorin's eyes widened, "Bilbo!"

"We have to get out of here," Bilbo panted. "Bolg has another army attacking from the north, they'll be upon us in minutes."

"That stinking filth is up there," Dwalin hissed, "I say we push on."

"No wait," Thorin remarked, stopping Dwalin, "That's what he wants.... this is a trap."

he looked up at the tower. There was no sign of Kili or Fili.... and SEpha was nowhere to be found...Sepha.... where was she?

"Find Fili and Kili, call them back," Thorin ordered Dwalin, "I'll find Sepha."

"Thorin what...." Dwalin started.

"Do it," Thorin said, noting the sense of concern in Dwalin's face, "WE'll live to fight another day."

Bilbo nodded and was just about to head off with Thorin when they heard a deep drumming sound. They all turned and saw the most horrifying thing... Azog was walking to the edge of the tower and in his grip.... was fili!

"No!" Thorin gasped, rushing to the edge of the platform they were on.

"This one dies first," Azog yelled in black speech. "Then the brother. Then you Oakenshield. You will die last."

"No!" FIli panted.

Thorin felt tears spring to his eyes.... Fili.... his nephew. He had begun to look upon the two boys as his sons and now... Fili was dangling over the side of a cliff.... a sword pointed at his back.

"Run!" Fili screamed.

Thorin felt all the air escape him as Azog raised his sword to end his nephew's life when.... a huge object struck Azog square in the shoulder. Fili fell from his grip and went falling down towards the ground below him. The object that struck Azog didn't stop but sprang over the side and grabbed the young dwarf by the collar, gripping it tightly in one hand while holding the rocky side with the other.

"SEPHA!" Bilbo cried.

For it was Sepha. She looked horrible, a knife in her hand that wasn't holding Fili. The blade was driven into the side of the rock, the only thing keeping them from slipping. She had a huge gash on her side and her lip was bleeding worse.