Chapter 17

When the dance ended, THorin didn't release Sepha but instead kept one hand around her waist and led her from the dance floor. He was going to lead her to the company but the girl held back.

"I think I'm going to head to bed. I'm tired from everything that's happened to night and I don't want to be exhausted for tomorrow," the girl explained.

Thorin nodded in understanding but kept his hand on her elbow, "Can I escort you to your room?"

Sepha quickly ran through whether or not she should let him. Of course she was dying for him to, dying to have some time to the two of them and hopefully tell him how she felt but then again, it would seem improper in most cases. Yet again, a lot of people had been drinking.... so if anyone asked, Thorin was making sure she got to her room without running into any person who was too drunk to think clearly.

"Sure thing," she said, smiling.

Thorin offered her his arm and she took it, suddenly realizing how tired she really was. Lucky for them, none of the company noticed their departure and there was no one in the hallways as they made their way to Sepha's room. It was right across the hallway from Dwalin and Balin's room. The dwarves were sharing rooms two by two except Sepha who had her own room (duh!:))

Even though they had already passed Thorin and Nori's room a while back, Thorin escorted the girl all the way to her own bedroom door. When they got there, Sepha pulled out her key and turned to Thorin.

"Thanks," she said. "Are you ready for tomorrow."

Thorin didnt quite here her and suddenly snapped out of his daze, "I don't know...."

The girl smiled, "It'll be fine. I promise."

Thorin felt his head swimming as he looked down at the girl who was smiling at him, her green eyes glowing. He had no idea what was happening until Sepha had taken a step forward and standing up on tippy toes, she planted a soft kiss on his cheek just above his beard. If Thorin had found it hard to breathe watching her smile, he was about ready to pass out right then and there.

The girl smiled sweetly at him and took a step back, "Goodnight Thorin."

With that, she turned to unlock her door but Thorin's voice that came in a hoarse whisper stopped her.

"Sepha...."

The girl turned to look at him only to realize he had taken a step towards her and when she turned around, he was right upon her, their bodies inches apart and his nose brushing hers. The girl gasped slightly and instinctively her hands went behind her for she was right up against her door.

Thorin's hand reached up and pushed her hair out of her eyes and off her shoulder, exposing her neck and collar bone. The girl was staring up at him, her green eyes wide with shock and anticipation of what was going to happen.

Thorin's hand trailed along her ear.... to her cheek, across her jawline.... down her neck, across her shoulder..... down to her hand..... then to her hip.

Sepha gasped softly when Thorin's strong hand gripped her hip, drawing him closer to him as he took another step forward, pressing her back against the door. There was no space between her and Thorin now.... their noses practically touching as Thorin looked down at her with his piercing blue eyes that were turning dark with want and need.

Thorin's other hand reached up and cupped the back of her neck gently in his hand, rubbing the nape of her neck with his finger, his thumb stroking the skin below her ear. Sepha could hear nothing except her heavy breathing that was coming in gasps and her heart that was beating faster than a horse's pounding hooves.