6

Shawn POV

After the argument between Rihanna and I, I had to go some place to clear my mind and that's with my homies.

"So you telling me that you guys finally called it quites?" Ty asked as we played Call of Duty in his apartment.

Right now I was with my homies which are Ty and Dre. We were all hanging out in Ty's crib just catching up.

"I'm proud of you. You guys are finally over," Dre said. "I've been telling your ass to leave her," he said patting my back.

I'm finally a free man and imma finally do me. Right now, I wanna get to know Beyonce because I really like her. I know that I barely know her but this chick has a nigga all nervous and shit. I'm never this nervous around women.

"You finally can have whores around you man," Dre said playfully punching me. "You and Ciara can finally be a couple," he said jokingly.

I laughed at his comment. "Man, you know that bitch was tripping. Someone spiked my drink," I said.

"I bet it was that Ciara," Ty said.

Dre then stood up and went to the kitchen. He came back holding a tray. It had a bottle of whiskey and three glasses.

"Let's make a toast. To Shawn finally being a free man," Dre said with his glass up.

"To Shawn," Dre and Ty said in unison.

"To me," I said.

The fellas and I enjoyed the rest of the night together. We then decided to take an Uber and went to one of the night clubs. I couldn't go to mine because I don't want my employees seeing their boss drunk and grinding on some random bitch.

***

Since I had alcohol in my system, driving myself home would have been dangerous so I got myself an Uber. Ty organized for my car to be taken to my apartment safely.

I looked at the time and it was around two in the morning. I then opened the door to my apartment.

I entered my living room and it was dark inside so I went over and searched for the light switch.

"Good morning Shawn," I heard from behind me.

I heard the clicking of the lamp and there sat Rihanna on my recliner. Her eyes were all puffy and reddish. She had tear stains on her cheeks.

"I see you couldn't wait to go out and fuck Ciara," she said lowly.

I sighed loudly. "Look, what I do as a free man is none of your business," I said rubbing my temples.

She got up and walked towards me. She stopped in front off me and kissed my lips.

"What the fuck Rihanna?" I said breaking the kiss. "You and me are no longer a couple. We ended things remember?" I said.

She held my cheek. "It was a mistake baby. I didn't mean it," she said leaning in for another kiss but I dodged it.

I rolled my eyes. "If it was a mistake then it was the best mistake you've ever made. We are through," I said removing her hand from my cheek.

She looked at me with watery eyes.

Here she go again, emotionally blackmailing me.

"I love you Shawn," she said wiping her tears. "I'd rather go blind than to see you walk away from me. I love you so much that I don't wanna watch you leave me baby. Most of all, I just don't wanna be free. I was just sitting here thinking of your kiss and your warm embrace when the reflection in the glass that I held to my lips revealed these tears that are on my face. Shawn, I'd rather be blind than to see you walk away from me," she said as she stared deep into my eyes.

The room lapsed into silence as we looked at each other.

"Awe that's cute. I didn't know you were into poetry and shit," I said nonchalantly. "Now be a good widdle Robyn and give Shawny his apartment keys before I call security," I said in a baby voice as I slightly squeezed her cheek.

She sucked her teeth then dug in her jean pants then gave me my keys.

"Fuck you Shawn. You're a fucking asshole," she said as she gathered her stuff. "I won't rest until you're mine," she said stomping towards my front door.

"I'd love to see you try missy," I said trailing behind her.

She turned and looked at me. "You're such a fucking imbecile you bastard. I loved you and this is how you pay me? Fuck you," she said flipping me off.

I chuckled as I shook my head. "You see that attitude right there? That'll be the reason you'll end up being the cat lady," I said.

"Have a nice life," she spat angrily.

"Seeing that you no longer are in my life. My best life is just starting," I said and I closed the door.

I'm glad she finally gone. I'm flying on cloud nine since I'm now riding solo.