Chapter 7

The air inside was filled with a lively vibe, caused by the customers who were enjoying the evening inside the little bar, hanging out with their loved ones.

It was the same for Jiyeong, except the girl was silent, listening to the story her friends were narrating.

- ... And then Byeongho started screaming out loud in the station! It was super embarrassing! - Hyunjoo, the girl, exclaimed, giggling afterwards.

- That boy will be the dead to us, I swear. - bitterly said Kyung, the shorter boy, who drank from his beer - He just can't stay still without causing a scene!

- Well, he was like that before, wasn't he? - softly laughed the blue-haired, taking a sip of her beverage as well.

Avril and Jihun just listened, each with his drink, at both sides of the youngest.

From time to time, Jiyeong felt the blonde's hand on her thigh, as Jihun's on her arm, checking if she was doing alright.

"This dorks... I swear-"

- But it has become quite unbearable lately. - the tallest of them all commented, sighing heavily.

- If I don't remember badly, Byeongho and you never got along well at all, Seonghun. - teased Jiyeong, smirking.

- Well, yeah, but before I could bear with him!

- He's right, though. - seconded Kyung, throwing his head back and grunting - I don't get what's wrong with him!

Jiyeong knew, she hadn't lost contact with the pompous boy.

Of course, she wouldn't say anything, as the boy asked her not to tell anyone.

- Maybe we should sit down and ask him what's wrong. - purposed Hyunjoo - He would become louder than usual if he's trying to avoid his worries.

- Dammit, but not at my sanity costs!

As Hyunjoo and Kyung argued, Jihun could feel Seonghun's stare on Jiyeong.

And he definitely didn't like that.

He wasn't nothing special to Jiyeong beyond a good friend, but because how much he cared for the younger he couldn't help but be protective over her.

Something inside his mind told him that there was tension between Jiyeong and him, as if there was something unsolved between them.

Or maybe he was just being paranoid.

Either way, as the blue-haired talked with her friends, the idol carefully placed his hand on her thigh, softly caressing.

Jiyeong gave him a confused look, but placed her hand on his, worried that something was bothering him, tracing random patterns, as she focused again on something Hyunjoo was telling her.

Across the table, someone wasn't pleased with their closeness.

- By the way, Ji. - started Kyung, grinning widely - How's it working for a big company?

- So you know! - she half whispered, giggling and feeling her face burn slightly because of the embarrassment.

- Of course we do! - smiled the black-haired, tucking some wild locks behind her ear - I was so happy to see you doing well in your new path!

Her heart warmed up at her words.

- Thankyou. - it was sincere and genuine, smiling at them.

- I didn't know you were into K-Pop, though. - Kyung raised an eyebrow - Was it because of the work?