Chapter 15

The clock hit 06:30 in the morning.

The house was a dead chaos by now, everything heavily messed up.

Driving back home wouldn't have been smart, especially with the police out there doing controls, since she had drank more than she thought after solving things up.

So there she was, in one of the guest rooms.

- I'm still trying to process everything.

Jiyeong giggled at his words.

- I'm so sorry for telling you all of that so suddenly...

Sejun just smiled, doing a gesture with his hand for her to not worry.

They decided to share a room, knowing they could fully trust each other.

"Especially after today where everything is cleared at last..."

- ...I really hope you don't regret your decision.

The younger went near the bed, taking a seat beside him, placing a hand on his shoulder.

- I'm sure about this. I wouldn't have taken this decision if I weren't sure about it.

The male nodded, placing his hand on hers.

It felt strange to feel so relieved in what heart issues concerned.

But, she was gonna explode of happiness for being able to solve things with him.

- We'll go at your pace, I promise.

- Sejun, you don't have to promise me anything. - she giggled again, looking at the older straight into the eyes - Just... Let's just live this as time goes by slowly, okay?

One of her hands went to his cheek, caressing it softly.

- I love you, Sejun. I hope you don't doubt what finally are my honest feelings.

The idol smiled, caressing her cheeks, their gazes connected.

- I know. Your eyes are telling me everything.

They hugged each other, tightly, in a warm and lovely embrace.

- ... Are you drunk?

- What?! Of course not! - Jiyeong straightened up, scanning his expression, as he was laughing - Perhaps the one who is drunk is you!

- Me?! No! I swear I am not!

They stared into each other's eyes, trying to find out if their opposite was being honest.

Both bursted laughing after that, the girl even letting herself fall on the bed.

- Should we go to sleep?

- What do you think, Jun?

- ...Yes?

- Of course is a yes.

The couple giggled again, slipping under the covers of the bed.

They felt asleep as soon as their heads touched the pillow.

In another room, Hyungwon seemed to be checking something on his phone, focused.

He felt Hoseok sit at the other side of the bed, trying to look at the screen to check what he was doing.

- Hyungwon, what are you up to?

The younger automatically locked the device's screen, startled, then turning his head to face his hyung.

- No-Nothing, actually.

Hoseok rose an eyebrow.

- You were very focused a few seconds ago. Is something burdening you?

The boy shifted a bit in his position.

"Maybe... Maybe I should tell him about it."

He knew he could trust Wonho, that wasn't new for him and would never be otherwise.

Nonetheless, he was scared.

"Am I the only one who has checked the news?"

Hyungwon was so absorbed by his worries and thoughts, that he didn't notice how the older interlocked his fingers with his.

He bounced, tensed by the sudden contact.

"When did he move to be in front of me?!"

- You know I'm always here if you need me.

He smiled, fondly locking his eyes with his.

Instinctively, he held tightly his hands.

- I know... - he said in a soft tone.

- Then, please, tell me...

Hyungwon took some air, organising his thoughts before talking.

He told him everything, thanking Hoseok was more than willing to let him finish before commenting, showing him what he was looking at on his phone to prove him that he wasn't lying.

[15:35, Seoul, Avril, Blanka and Jiyeong's apartment]

- Dammit, Moon, where the hell are you?

Avril clicked her tongue, calling for the umpteenth time.

"God... and I have to tell Blanka too abo-"

She was interrupted by the sound of the door opening, her feet moving before she could even think.

Jiyeong felt her heart stop for a moment because of her sudden appearance.

- Where the hell were you?! You are always glued to your phone and suddenly you don't answer when I call you!

- ...I'm so sorry, I ran out of battery. - the younger was embarrassed, closing the door once she was inside, an approaching the blonde - ... Are you okay? Did something happen?

Avril took a deep breath.

"She just came from having fun and she arrives home for me to-"

She shook her head, to make her thoughts disappear.

"Telling her later would only bring more problems."

- ... Let's go to the sofa, please.

The serious tone used by the European made Jiyeong flinch and tense up.

Nonetheless, she followed Avril until they both reached the sofa, sitting down.

- Okay... What's wrong?

Avril bit her bottom lip, sighing and trying to find the right words to say what she wanted to say.

She ruffled her blonde hair.

Jiyeong remained silent, looking patiently but attentively at her.

- ... Read this.

Tossing her phone to the younger, her eyes moved away, fixing in some distant point of the room.

The blue-haired started to read what was on the screen.

Avril's legs bounced, product of her nerves.

From the corner of her eye, she saw how Jiyeong's expressions broke into one of panic and shock.

Before she could realise it, her friend was on her knees, the device falling flat to the wooden floor, screaming and crying.

She had cried enough already, but couldn't help herself with the new tears that fell from her eyes and how she kneeled down beside the younger, hugging her tightly.

The next thing they knew, was that they rushed out of the door, just grabbing their phones and keys.