Chapter 7: Rendezvous

One week later..

"What do you mean you need me to cover for you tonight, Leader?"

Exusiai was confused by his request. Sirius sighed as he began to explain again, more carefully. This might be harder than he had anticipated, but Exusiai was the only person he knew that could do it, not to mention the easiest pay method. 

"I need you to cover for me during the celebration party tonight. I want to go somewhere."

"Uhhh... but where? It's not easy covering up someone's existence. Especially if they're the main show."

"But you specialize in this sort of stuff though, don't you? Doesn't Penguin Logistics offer some sort of cover?"

"We do but... it's risky..."

Exusiai seemed unsure of the request, but Doctor knew just what to do. Reaching out to the bag he brought full of apple pies, he sighed, feigning disappointment.

"I guess all these apple pies will have to go to waste then. I was just wondering what to do with them."

"A-apple pies? H-hold on there!"

"And they have a very crispy apple taste and scent. So sweet too. It's a shame I guess."

"L-let's not get too hasty there shall we? Maybe I can arrange something!"

"A maybe isn't good enough. I need a yes. I mean, unless you don't want these apple pies. I'm sure Penguin Logistics don't give you enough for your hard work and skill with these sort of requests. And here I was, thinking about giving them to you as a sign of appreciation."

Exusiai looked frantic for a moment, but then gives a nod and agreed to the plan. This was easier than he thought after all. He relayed the plan once more to Exusiai. Just to be sure. 

"I heard, I heard. You don't trust me?~"

"I just want to be sure everything is done right."

"Don't worry, I'll cover you tonight. But keep in mind that this is a one time thing!"

"Yeah yeah, I know. Thanks again."

"No problem~ Now about those apple pies?"

Sirius handed them over and Exusiai began to eat them with joy. A one time thing? That was unlikely. All Exusiai needed to do was be bribed with apple pies. Just for insurance though...

"And if you do your job well, there will be more to come."

This made Exusiai nod with joy while having a mouthful of apple pies. One could never have too much apple pie. With a smirk at that, he walked to his room and prepared for his rendezvous with Talulah.

As the celebration began hours later...

"Alright everyone, and here is the honored veteran. He had helped us achieve many victories. Without him, the victories may not have been possible. Here he is everyone, Doctor Sirius Nakamura!"

The audience clapped, but no one walked onto the platform. Nearl looked confused when he didn't come out. Perhaps he was getting ready and needed another entrance? Nearl cleared her throat and tried again.

"Perhaps the Doctor is making an entrance! Let's see what he's up to!"

Nearl walked behind the curtain on the stage and motioned at Amiya, wondering what was taking so long. What could possibly be going on?

"Amiya! Where is he?!"

"I-i don't know! He was just here a few moments ago!"

"Don't tell me he decided to ditch..."