Chapter 9: War time

A few days have passed since his last meeting with Talulah, but even Sirius knew that he wouldn't be able to see her like that anymore. The upcoming battles would be more intense and dangerous. He knew that he could die if they were all overrun, but he hoped that Talulah wouldn't hold back on attacking. That would raise suspicions. He also knew if he met her on the battlefield, she couldn't hesitate to kill him. So this was it, wasn't it?

"Doctor, we're getting ready to move out. Are you ready?"

That voice belonged to Amiya. Over the past few days, they've both been doing their job, but not talking to each other. He could tell that Amiya was hurt since the last time they talked, but she kept a good job keeping it hidden, especially from Nearl and Kal'tsit. He looked at her and she turned away, ready to leave.

"Sorry for bothering you. Dobermann just wanted me to let you know that we're getting ready to go. I'll see you later in the load out."

"Amiya, wait."

".....is there something you need, Doctor?"

"I want to talk to you."

"About what?"

This was when Sirius felt guilty about pushing her away that far. He had been too harsh on her that time, and he could see it now. He had a feeling that Amiya knew everything that had happened, but she had just chosen not to say it- or rather, not think about it. However, if this was the last fight, then he at least wanted to be honest with her even if it didn't make things right. 

"You don't have to fight for me anymore, you know that? I see you trying to save me every single time, even if it wounded you."

"......"

"And... I haven't been completely honest with anyone about what happened to me in the forest, but I have a feeling you know what might have happened. Even what happened at the night of the celebration."

The words were hard to get out from him. It felt like he was a child, admitting to a bad thing. Still, he felt that he needed to be honest with her and not lie to her anymore, or else he would regret it later when it all came crashing down onto him.

"Doctor..."

"Amiya, I.. I can't do this anymore. I don't deserve your kindness and help, after everything I did. So please, stop going out of your way to save me. I don't want you getting more hurt than you already are because of me."

"........."

There was another silence. It was clear that Amiya was holding everything back from overflowing, but it was too much for her. She turned to the Doctor and walked over to him and leaned her forehead on him as tears slowly flowing from her eyes. Sirius took a deep breath and did his best to comfort her.

"Amiya. I'm sorry. I.."

"You're...really an idiot, Doctor.."

"...huh..?"

Amiya sniffled a bit and then looked up at him, wiping away her tears. She stood up straight and backed up a little, not really meeting his eyes yet, but her voice didn't waver.

"I...love you, so I'll be here to save you if I can. Even if you don't choose me, I'll still be here. I'll...fight for you. And also...thank you for being honest with me.."

Giving a sad smile at Sirius, Amiya turned and ran out, getting ready before Dobermann would walk in, wondering what was taking so long. Giving a stare at the Doctor, she turned and walked out, also getting ready. Sirius sighed and sat down on the chair, reviewing over the battle plans once again, before going to the fight. This one would be large scale...