Chapter 16: A Reunion

As the morning came, Sirius yawned and woke up, still feeling tired. As he rubbed his eyes, tried to recount what had happened last night. It was all blurry until he realized that he was still holding Talulah in his arms and that she was clinging onto him in her sleep. Suddenly, everything fell into place in his mind as he remembered the events of last night. He froze. Did he and...Talulah really.. 

"........"

There was no doubt about it. They were both still undressed and holding on to each other. Blushing a little, he took a close look at Talulah's face and gave a smile. She seemed to be at peace as of now, but he knew that later, the peace of day would go away. They needed to figure out what to do about the situation they were in. He gently pet her head and untangled himself from her, he got up and dressed. 

He quietly walked to the kitchen room of the apartment and took a look out from the window from behind the curtain. Everything still seemed calm, but he knew better. There was still a war going on. However, it was potentially worse this time if Mephisto took control. He sat down for a moment and put a hand on his forehead, thinking about what could be done. He failed to hear the soft walking of Talulah behind him, looking at him from the living room with a blanket wrapped around her shoulders and sounding tired. When she spoke, he turned to her, startled. Her hair was a little messy, but Sirius thought that she never looked more beautiful.

"A-ah, good morning Talulah. Did you um.. sleep well?"

"Better than I had for days. How about you?"

"I uh..slept well too."

He vaguely remembered how he woke up and looked back to the window quickly. What was he supposed to say to her now? Heck, what do people say to each other after sex? It was inevitably awkward and Talulah seemed to notice it just now from him. He could already imagine her smug look even though he was facing away from her. Cursing silently, he gave a sigh and decided to focus on the more important matters. They weren't carefree young adults who had the time to do what they pleased. They both had their responsibilities as leaders in the battle. Taking a deep breath, he turned to face her. As much as he had dreaded this conversation, he began it.

"Talulah. We need to talk."

"You just had to use that line. It makes it sound like as if you're breaking up with me or something."

"Wait wha-?"

"So you're one of those guys who would leave a girl as soon as you did it with them?~"

"Wait, that's not what I mean-"

"Tsk tsk, I expected more of you, but this is who you really are under that mask."

"Ta-"

"No no, it's okay. I see how it is. If you want, you can leave and I won't stop you."

"I-"

He knew she was just teasing him, but had she always been this way behind that role as a Reunion leader? She probably like this before all the serious matters had happened. Even she was a little girl once. He couldn't help but chuckle at the thought, resulting in an unexpected look from Talulah as walked over, leaning in and gave her a kiss. Once he pulled back, he gave a smile at her and held her close by the waist.

"You're too much of a tease sometimes, you know?"

"I'm well aware of that, Doctor Sirius~ But at least now you don't seem so down as before."

"Yeah, thanks for that. But in all seriousness, we need to discuss...important matters."

Talulah sighed, also knowing what this discussion would be about. Their next plans for the near future and stuff relating to that. The talk would have to come sooner or later anyway. Sirius led her back to the couch and sat down, initiating the talk. She listened and would respond.

"So what do we do next? We have options here... it's either escape together and leave or try for peace talks. We're not going along with your earlier plan of separating, got it? You're too important to me for that."

"We can't leave and you know that. We'll both have guilty consciences later. However, peace talks... they won't go so well especially with the Reunion, but it's our only hope. There's no better way to do this. If worst is to come, we'll both escape, okay? At least then we can leave knowing we tried."

"Understood. Promise me that you'll live, Talulah. No matter what."