Chapter 20: Why?

The figure jumped in and leapted towards Mon3tr and sank it's sword into it, causing to screech and disappear. Sirius was coughing from the smoke along with Sun and Kal'tsit, but when he looked up, he had never been more glad to see the who it was in front of him: Talulah. Of course she would come running over as fast as she could. He knew that better than anyone. She wouldn't just sit around and wait for him to come back. He could tell that she was mad, perhaps even seething with rage, but she spoke calmly to him as she pointed her sword at Dr. Kal'tsit.

"Get out of here, Sirius. I'll handle her and I'll follow along."

Sirius quickly recovered and stood up and went next to Talulah. She looked at him and raised an eyebrow. Sirius shook his head and Talulah looked at him in confusion. He wasn't going to let Talulah kill Dr. Kal'tsit, even though she had done horrible things. He still needed to get answers from her. He got speaking as Yokai was getting ready for the when the other Operators arrived. The loud racket couldn't have gone unnoticed. They had a few minutes max. As Kal'tsit leaned up against the wall, Sirius questioned her.

"Why did you erase my memories, Kal'tsit? What was the point?"

".........You really haven't really remembered, have you?"

"I still don't remember everything, but I do remember you erasing my memories saying that you could use me."

"Ha....ahaha.. you really don't remember.. then there's no point in me explaining until you remmeber on your own, but... I gave everything you asked for, but you still left me for her."

Kal'tsit laughed weakly, sounding bitter. She was referencing to Talulah. Sirius turned to look at her, wanting to look at the expression on her face, but her expression was neutral. There was nothing to be seen. Sirius decided he would question it later, but for no, he needed to get out of here. And fast. He quickly pulled Talulah along and out of the room where Yokai had already installed a zip line down. At the other end at the floor level, he saw Noctis. They must've already anticipated this beforehand, huh?

"Talulah, let's get out of here. It seems like that's all she has left to say about the topic. If my memory has the rest, I'll remember it soon."

Talulah nodded and ran to the zipline, going dow first with Yokai and Sirius following after her. They zipped down to the floor level safely and then cut the line after, making sure no one else could take that route down.

"Noctis, do you have the vehicle ready?! We have to go before-"

"Going somewhere?"

"........"

Again, they were stopped by a voice and Sirius knew exactly who it belong to. The voice that commanded Operators alongside him: Ch'en. The look in her eyes clearly showed that she knew what had happened... so why was her sword still drawn at them?

"I will not let you get out of here. Especially her, Sirius."

"....Ch'en.... why?"

".......Because I have a duty to do so, even if it's people I knew in my past."

"You'd kill us just for your job?"

"This is the path I've chosen. I'll bring about order in a new way?"

"What about the Infected? They'll never be treated right!"

"What we can do is prevent more casualties. Unlike most of you, I'm not an Infected, despite being raised in the Reunion. I have no obligation to help, even if you all helped me."

Talulah stepped in front of Sirius, cutting off whatever he was going to say next to Ch'en. She knew that there was no way to get to her, seeing the determination set in her eyes. She could tell that Ch'en had been mentally preparing herself all this time for this exact confrontation, knowing that there was nothing she could do to save them. So why... had she joined Lungmen in the beginning?