Chapter 17: Dreams

"Everything will be fine."

"....huh?"

An explosion was heard from the distance, but Sirius couldn't tell where it was from. The voice that has just talked to him was an older teenage boy with white hair that resembled someone's, but he couldn't remember who. Sirius saw that the guy had been carrying a younger boy with black hair and was running away from the explosions down the street. The younger boy looked exactly like... Curious, he floated down the street with the two like a ghost. The older guy finally stopped and slid to a stop. Taking a look around, he scouted the area to make sure he wasn't followed and quickly ran towards an abandoned warehouse.

"Almost there, little buddy. Hang on a bit and you'll be okay. I promise."

"O-okay!"

"Good boy. I'm sorry I wasn't able to save anything that belonged to you, but at least you got out safely. Are you okay? You're not hurt or anything?"

"Nope! ------ has been very careful!"

The white haired guy laughed and pat the younger boy's head. He seemed to be a good caretaker of younger children, especially those who were in danger. Sirius assumed that since there were explosions all around in the beginning of his dream. What part of this dream was related to him? It could all very well be imaginary, but he was curious enough to keep watching.

"Of course. I wouldn't want you getting hurt. Now hold on tight or you might fall."

The guy walked forward into the warehouse and went to an isolated part of it. There, he pulled open a door which screeched. As quickly as possible, he closed the door and looked around the dark room with the trembling younger boy still holding onto him. Finding something he was looking for, he quickly twisted a.. handle? It was too dark to see, but Sirius had his assumptions. A trapdoor opened with ladders leading down. The guy quickly got down the trapdoor and shut it, climbing down with the boy safely.

"U-um...mister...?"

"Yes? What is it?"

"It's dark here.."

"I know, but it'll be bright soon. You trust me, right?"

"M-mhm!"

"Good. And we're..here!"

As soon as the guy climbed down, he was greeted with an open door and quite a few people awaiting his arrival. This seemed to be an underground organization of sorts, but everyone seemed to be friendly. Sirius looked around and saw a wide range of Infected. There were at least...300 people down in underground base. What exactly in the world was this place? They guy walked through Sirius, which caught his attention as he looked after him. The guy had already let down the child, who was walking beside him. He was soon greeted by one of his associates.

"Hey, ------- you brought another one here?"

"Aw come on, you know I can't leave children caught in the cause we stood up for."

"True enough, but we're getting sort of cramped down here. We can't last forever, even with the generous supply givers."

"We'll make it through, Haz. Plus, this little boy is a human like us. It's rare to see one in the parts where I was walking through."

"The government of Ursus are denying attacking us, but we all know that they're behind the scenes. Did you make sure the boy didn't have any trackers on him?"

"If he did, he would have triggered the alarm before I came here. He's fine."

"I hope so. What do you plan to do next?"