Day 422

400 Days After Fina by JellOfAllTrades
Chapter 8

I parked my car beside Jaime's electric blue Mustang GT and got out to meet him inside the restaurant.

We've been going to this restaurant since college because Jaime likes the manager. He's seated beside the glass wall with a beautiful view of the garden outside, sipping on a glass of wine and browsing on his phone. He always gets that table because of the view.

"Himala, wala kang nilalanding waitress?" I tell him as I sat down.

"Tapos na, ang tagal mo dumating eh."

"Good morning miss Jell," a waitress came to our table and handed me a menu.

"Thanks,"

She gave both of us a smile and then left. I scanned the menu and noticed Jaime looking bored as he sipped on his wine and looked out to the garden.

"Wala ba si Ariel?" I ask him, checking the staff of the restaurant for the manager that he likes.

"Naka-leave daw ngayon eh." He replies, nonchalantly.

"Are you upset she's not here?"

"Not really, no."

"Then why do you look so upset?"

"I'm bored."

"Well, what do you want to do?"

"Out of town, maybe."

"Well, don't expect me to come with you. Dami kong hinahabol from my time away from the office."

He leaned back and sipped on his wine. "I'm not asking you. Alam ko namang di ka sasama."

"Okay," I just shrugged and called for the waitress.

I give the waitress my order and Jaime just tells her he'll have his usual steak, mashed potatoes and gravy.

"Kumusta na pala yang ulo mo?" Jaime inquires as soon as the waitress has left.

"Di na sumasakit yung sugat. Pero sumasakit naman ulo ko sa trabaho."

He chuckles. "Ginusto mo yan eh."

"Speaking of sakit sa ulo, naaalala mo si Angel?"

"Yung babaeng nagsabing paiibigin ka?" He frowns.

"Yep. She's here in Manila." I tell him, cringing at the memory of Angel's declaration.

He claps his hand in delight and leans closer to me. "That's great! Isama mo siya sa bar on Friday! I want to meet this girl!"

I roll my eyes at him. "I highly doubt I can convince her to come."

"C'mon, Jell. I just want to meet her. Di ba sabi mo she's kind of like Fina? Para naman magka-idea ako sa kung anong type mo!"

I glare at him and he backs off, realizing he has touched a sensitive topic.

"How about bring her to dinner with the gang na lang? If she wants, isama natin sa bar afterwards." Jaime suggests. "Promise, I'll behave."

"Baka ma-culture shock siya."

"You know how accommodating we can be. Just bring her to dinner and we'll figure out the rest from there. We'll let you two go kung di niya kami feel kasama."

The waitress from before arrives with my coffee. She tells us our food will be out soon and then leaves again.

Jaime watched the waitress walk away before leaning in a little closer and lowering his voice.