Chapter 9

"Sophie! Keefe! MAAAAAYYY! You're here!" Biana exclaimed as the Fosters glittered into the courtyard of Floralview. Biana had chosen the land. It had been bleak, mostly soil and a few trees, but with the help of the gnomes, Biana had turned it into a wonderland. It was a huge garden with waterfalls and reflecting pools scattered throughout. In the very center was the crystal mansion where Biana and Dex lived. Even though Sophie had been there millions of times, it still took her breath away.

Sophie turned to Biana. She looked gorgeous. She was wearing a beautiful teal gown that matched her eyes. Around her neck and the bottom of the dress was embroidery that looked like it was made with strands of gold, and it very well may have been. She could see inside the workshop that Dex was wearing a gold jerkin to match.

 She could see inside the workshop that Dex was wearing a gold jerkin to match

"Biana, you were over our house a half an hour ago. It's not like we haven't seen each other in years!" Sophie said while getting crushed by Biana's hug. She had to pull away to make sure May was breathing.

"Bibana!" May yelled. She loved Biana. She could say her name right, elves could speak perfectly from birth, but had misheard Biana's name the first time she heard it and it stuck. Biana loved it.

"Just wait till you see what I cooked for dinner! You'll love it! The gnomes showed me this new plant they were cultivating and it's delicious!" Biana held out a pink melon that had hints of green and sparkled in the light.

"It looks right up your alley," Keefe remarked. "Now, where's your husband? If I stay any longer this will turn into girl talk, and I don't want to hear that!" Biana pointed to A round glass green house that served as Dex's workshop. You could see through it into the mess. It was filled with gadget parts.

"Actually, this is good." Sophie said when Keefe left. "I realized I forgot to ask about the gender of the babies!" Biana smiled and looked at her stomach.

"Actually, we don't know yet! Elwin said that it's too soon to tell. We found out pretty early on. I was so sick! Why didn't you warn me?" Biana asked.

"I didn't know you were pregnant! Wait! Have you told your parents and Fitz yet?" Sophie said as Biana winced.

"No, we're telling them tonight at dinner. Please act surprised. I'm afraid they'll get mad if anyone knew before them!" Sophie rolled her eyes.

"Biana, they won't care! They are going to way to happy to get mad! I promise." Biana smiled. "Have you thought about names yet?"

"Only every waking moment! We're picking out three girl names and three boys, even though they will not be all boys. I forbid it!" Biana laughed. "So far, we have Calista and Rosaline for a girl, and Aldric for a boy. Dex originally wanted to follow in his father's footsteps of names that ended in -ex, but he realized that there are few that actually sound good, and those are the ones his dad used." Sophie laughed. Kesler had a strange sense of humor.

"Ooo, I like Calista! Rosaline is cute too. How did you think of them?" Sophie asked.

"Dex hacked into a human computer and looked up cool ones! Aldric we came up with ourselves as a tribute to Alden." Biana smiled. "Oh! Speaking of which, there are other people here! You have to come in!" Biana turned to call to the boys in the workshop, "Time to come inside!"