Chapter 13

The last few chapters have been all baby all the time, so for the sake of this one, Biana has had the triplets 2 months ago. If you can't tell, I really like babies. I'm also in the process of trying to convince my parents to foster babies, so they've been on my mind.

Oh yeah, it's the Easter one!!!

Sophie adjusted her sash one last time before tip toeing down the crystal stairs to meet Keefe.

"Are you ready?" She whispered, trying hard not to wake May.

"Yeah. I had the bodyguards hide the eggs while we got ready. May's Easter basket is on the kitchen table." He said. It was another Foster tradition. Her human parents would take their Easter baskets and fill them with toys and other fun things. Amy would get a dress. Sophie would get a book. There were also new things for the spring weather, like flip-flops. "You look great!"

"Keefe stop drooling over me! It's just a dress!" Sophie said, blushing. She still hadn't told Keefe about the baby, she planned to do it today, but surprising him was so hard. He could sense their emotions from across the house! Sophie planned to put an extra Easter basket next to May's and let him draw his own conclusions. "Did you put everything in the basket?"

"Yeah, everything I found in the closet."

"Let me make sure you didn't miss anything." She led him into the kitchen and checked the basket. Everything was there. "Good. I think it's time to wake May!" Biana and Dex had decided to get Calista, Rosaline, and Aldric, their new babies, baskets of their own. At around 8, everyone would meet up in a field Biana had found.

Sophie and Keefe walked up the spiral staircase of their castle-like home that led to one of the towers. They had planned to give each kid their own tower, but for now May slept in a crib in their room. She woke up so much during the night that they had gotten sore from all the stairs.

"Mommy? Daddy? Hi!" May said from her crib. Sophie scooped her up.

"Today is a big, big, big day!" She said. Hunger Games reference!!! (:

"Why?" May asked.

"It's Easter!" Keefe answered with a grin, expecting a big response.

"Easter! What is Easter?" May asked with a confused expression.

"It's a human holiday. We have a present for you downstairs!" May's eyes lit up. This word she understood.

"Present!!!" May squirmed out of Sophie's arms and scooted down the stairs. Sophie and Keefe followed her down the stairs, laughing.

When they reached the bottom, May was already toddling to the basket on the living room floor. She quickly started pulling things out of it.

"Doll! Prattles! What are these?" May said, holding out a package of Robin Eggs.

"Human candies. I never liked them, but your Aunt Amy could eat them by the bucket." Sophie answered, remembering the time Amy had gotten an Easter basket filled with just Robin Eggs.

"Bunny!" May said, holding up a chocolate bunny. She promptly bit off it's head. "Yummy bunny!" By now Keefe and Sophie couldn't contain their laughter.

"Maybe we should have breakfast now." Keefe said when May had gotten all of the presents.

"Not yet..." Sophie said with a smile. She walked into the pantry. In the back, she pulled out a small Easter basket filled with bottles, bibs, pacifiers, and onesies. "May, this is for you and Daddy." Keefe raised his eyes.

"Not candy?" May said in dismay. Keefe's expression was totally different.

"Sophie..." He said with a smile stretching across his face.

"May, you're going to be a big sister!" Sophie said. Keefe let out something between a sequel and a gasp as he picked Sophie up and spun her around.

"Me too!" cries May, not wanting to be left out of the fun.

"Sophie, this is wonderful!" Keefe said, kissing her.

"I know!"

"I want more candy!!!" May said, emptying the basket to make sure there wasn't any hidden at the bottom.

Yes, there will be another Easter one. I just wanted to do this quick scene. Thank you for reading!