Chapter 10

Sorry I haven't updated in a while! I've been super busy with school and other things. I'm going to try to finish up the dinner party in this chapter because I feel like it's getting old, but I might not be able to.

The friends were seated around the table, eating the fruit Biana had showed them earlier. While the outside was pink, the inside looked like a sunset, going from a yellow center to a purplish pinkish outside with orange in-between. It tasted sweet and tangy, with seeds scattered throughout. When you bit them, they exploded sour liquid. Biana had cut the fruit into sun shapes and artfully arranged it on platters. There were a few other course, but that was the one that blew everyone away.

"So..." Biana started when people had quieted down. Some of you already know this, but we have some news..." Biana smiled and pulled Dex's arm so he was standing next to her.

"We're having a baby!" He announced. Everyone who hadn't heard yet gasped and stared congratulating them.

"Wait! Dex!" Biana said with a pointed look at her husband.

"Oh, right! We're having three babies!" He re-announced. Everyone laughed and then showered them with questions.

"Are they going to be boys or girls?"

"We don't know yet. Elwin says it's too early to tell!" Biana and Dex were beaming now. Everyone drowned them in hugs. As they ate dessert, there was a never-ending flow of questions about the babies. Finally, when it seemed like everyone was done eating and interrogating, people started to say goodbye.

"Sophie! Before you go, I want to talk to you!" Biana called. Sophie walked over, wondering what this could be about.

"What?"

"I was looking at one of those human fashion magazines you gave me, and they kept talking about something called Ester. Is that a human thing?" Sophie raised one eyebrow. Then it made sense.

"Do you mean Easter?" She asked. Suddenly her head was filled with flashbacks of past Easters. Her parents would hide eggs all over their house, because their San Francisco yard was too tiny to hide anything. There was an epic hunt all morning. Sophie had known people whose parents did easy spots, but not Sophie's. There had been eggs inside the dryer among clothes one year. Her dad had hidden some on the roof. There was also a golden egg for each of the girls holding twenty dollars. This was an insanely large amount for them. Amy would spend it all the next day on a toy, but Sophie rationed it throughout the year, buying occasional gum or a tiny toy.

"Yeah! Can we celebrate it? Please! It sounds so fun!" Biana said with puppy dog eyes.

"Why not!" Sophie said. She missed human traditions, and it would be fun to celebrate again. She and Keefe had started celebrating birthdays and Christmas, but they were only a tiny portion of all the human traditions. "I'll start planning with Keefe, and then we'll fill you in once we have a basic idea."

A/N

I won't be doing an Easter one for a few chapters because I want the triplets born first, but it'll come eventually.