Mrs.Ram Kapoor part 2

Can a person change, especially overnight? I don't think that's possible. So the changes which I am witnessing in Ram are real or they are just a pretense? This question kept me up all night. Well, normally also sleep doesn't come easily to me, but this time my mind was trying to find a justified reason behind this sudden change. 3
Regardless, how much I delve for answer my mind is blank. One part of me wants to believe that these are genuine changes, but the other logical part of me is having a difficult time believing it. To some extent, my apprehension is not completely wrong, I have reasons to doubt his motives than to believe him.
"Are you ok? Di asks as she arches an eyebrow to prompt me to answer.3
"Hmm," I hum absentmindedly, still thinking about all the things that happened in these past few days.
" See? This is what I was afraid of, sleep deprivation will kill your scarce brain cells," she says while stretching her arms above her head.
I fold my arms and look at her with a bored expression.
" You know, how much lack of sleep is bad for your health?" she sighs.
"God, Di do you think I enjoy being awake almost all night?" I say irritatingly, "you know how much I hate depending on those stupid pills to sleep. It is like I am forcefully closing my eyes, that sleep is nowhere near to the actual peaceful sleep."
" I know but at least your body will be fully rested if not your mind," she says as leans forward and places her hand on the keyboard. If she was actually in front of me, instead of video chatting, I am sure she would have held my hand. She always grabs my hand when she is trying to make me understand something, it is her habit.
" Ok, I will take one tonight," I say reassuringly," But,  I have to get ready for the event so I will talk to you later."
"Take care of yourself, always remember I love you even with your mental deficiency," she laughs lightly at her pathetic joke, " and your nephews love you too, in fact, more than they love me, traitors I have endured the pain to bring them in this world but they will leave me for you in an instant," she might be complaining but her voice is full of love.7
" I also love them more than anything in this world," I adore my nephews, they are the best gifts that Di has given me, they are my light. When they are around me I completely forget everything else.
"Take one week off and come to me, we will go on shopping for this little one," she lovingly pats her seven months belly.
" I'll try, now I am hanging up otherwise, you will keep on chatting until that baby pops out of your belly, "I say and quickly end the call and shut down the laptop.
Once Di starts to talk then it is impossible to stop her, most of the time I am the one who disconnects the call.4
I already took a shower, now I am waiting for my hair and makeup hair stylist to show up. Mom already delivered my dress and accessories, and makeup and hair will be done by the stylist, so I don't have to worry about my appearance.
Tonight I have to attend an annual fundraising event. Personally, I believe in saying that "don't let your left hand know what your right hand is doing", as mostly such events are a way uptown people show off their wealth rather than actually helping someone in need. Otherwise, what is the need for the press to cover the event?  7

"Finally!" I exclaim when I hear a knock on my door.
" I am so sorry, I am late, my stylist says as she quickly comes inside my room and starts to place her "tools" on my vanity table.2
" Well, it is your headache that how you will manage to make me look pretty in less than one hour," I wave my hand nonchalantly, as I take my place in front of the vanity.
" You don't need makeup to look pretty, honey," she winks, " makeup just enhances your natural beauty."
" Stop buttering me and start your work lady," I click my fingers playfully and laugh.
After approximately forty-five minutes my makeup and hair are done.
"Oh my, you look so gorgeous dear,neha gushes.
As soon as I step outside my closet wearing my dress. Maybe she came into the room when I was changing.
"Thank you," I smile and blush slightly.
I am never good at receiving compliments, I don't know I just feel odd.23
I look at my reflection in the mirror then I turn to my staylist who is looking proud of her handiwork.
"You did a good job," I praise her. Honestly, everything is on point, from makeup to my dress, I think I look quite good.
I loved my dress from the moment I laid my eyes on it, which reminds me I have to thank Mom. It is a grey color full sleeves backless gown. The whole upper part of the dress, till the waist, along with sleeves has an intricate silver lace design while the rest of the gown is plain. My hair is styled into a low bun, and few loose tendrils of hair frame my face, giving me a soft and subtle look.5
" I will get going, now," she says and picks up her stuff and leave.
Sometime later a knock on the door informs me it almost time to leave.
" This must be my driver, " I say while grabbing my clutch.2
I assess myself for the last time and head towards the door.
" I am ready to go," I open the door and step out of the room.
"Good, because I hate being late," says the person who was knocking on my door.1
"What- I mean why are you still here?" I raise my eyebrows and ask Ram, shock clear as day in my voice.
Ram looks at me his gaze travels from head to toe, then it settles on my face. He gives an appreciative nod as a small set of smile forms on his lips, of course, this makes me blush. Suddenly white flooring looks so much interesting to me.1
"How can I go leaving you behind?" he tilts his head and asks.
"Are we going together?" I snap my head up and point my finger at him then back at me as I look at my driver for confirmation.
He nods looking at me like I am stupid to even ask this question.
" Who else I would have gone with?" Ram walks and stands directly in front of me.
" You normally take your dates with you," I reply in a low voice so that only he can hear it.
" For a change, from now I will take my new friend with me," he winks while offering his arm and asks," Shall we?"
I place my hand hesitantly in his arm still looking at him, trying to figure if this is some kind of joke. But his face gives nothing as he nods at Victor who walks outside the door and we also follow his suit.
I decide to push all the cynical thoughts in the back of my mind for the time being, but still, I don't let my guard completely down.
*******************************************************************************

This is the first time we both will be seen together, to be honest, I am worried about the reactions. Things easily go out of proportion in a mere few seconds, and I am not ready for any kind of unwanted attention. I think it would have been better for us if we went separately, but it is too late to back out now.
As if sensing my discomfort Ram reluctantly places his hand on my shoulder and says," Just, relax...ok?"
I lick my lips and nod without making an eye contact.
For the first time since I am sitting in the car I realize there is some kind of awkward tension inside the car and surprisingly this tension is not between me and Ram, but My driver and his driver. 3
"What happened?" I ask Ram quietly, gesturing to the front seats.
" Both wanted to be behind the wheel," he replies.
Car comes to halt, even with tinted windows I can make out the number of photographers present at the event. I exhale loudly and glance at Ram, who is having a bored look on his face.
" It's showtime," I mutter and smile fakely.
He opens his door and walks around the car coming to my side, as he buttons his coat with one hand. No doubt he has that authoritative personality that demands attention. I take this moment to study his appearance, he is wearing a three piece...wait, what? Grey color suit? We are matching? How dumb I am not to notice this before. He is handsome for sure, but the way this suit is fitting on his broad shoulders makes him more attractive.
So Mr.Kapoor actually becomes Mr.Grey... I mentally laugh.
I silently thank my stylist, for doing my makeup and hair, as I don't want to look like a fool beside him.
My door opens and Ram extends his hand to me. I give him my hand and as soon as I step outside the car, flashlights of cameras go off. I blink a couple of times to adjust my vision in blinding flashlights as we walk towards the entrance.
It is more like a red carpet event rather than a fundraising event. So obviously press asks for photographs and throws all kind of questions in our direction.
I smile as I pose for photographs, Ram is answering some questions separately.
All at once I am bombarded with different questions, predictably all are related to my personal life. I resist the urge to roll my eyes by plastering a practiced smile on my face.
Are you Mr.Kapoor's friend?
Why don't you make an appearance with your husband?
Who is the mysterious person you are married to?
Why is your marriage kept hidden?
Tonight also your husband doesn't show up with you, why?
" Really? I guess he is right here," an arm slips around my waist, as soon as someone asked the last question.
Ram looks down at me, while I raise my head to meet his eyes. My lips part slightly in surprise, but I quickly regain my composure. My breath hitches as he leans down, mischievous glint dancing in his eye. He lightly places his lips on my cheek and tilts his head slightly to whisper in my ear.1
"I find certain satisfaction when I render you speechless," I can sense his smirk. I have to control the urge to shiver as his breath touches my ear with which each word he speaks.11
I am flabbergasted is a complete understatement. 
1
" Kindly excuse us, we have an event to attend," Ram says ignoring myriads of questions that are shooting at us, after his little stunt.
He pulls me closer to his side still holding me by my waist, I am too shocked to even protest as he leads us inside.