Change Of Behavior

Happy Reading:)

Last night Ram did get kisses... a lot of kisses, in fact, a bag full of kisses. 20
He made me buy him Hershey's Kisses party bag. It was hilarious to see him eat them, I would have never thought he liked... no scratch that loved them so much. He ate all of them, he didn't even offer me a single of them. When I asked him to share some, he downright refused. This guy has some serious obsession with kisses.21
sangeeta laughs seeing my face scrunch up in distaste as I put an orange slice in my mouth.
"Orange tastes so weird when you eat them directly after you have brush your teeth," I push the plate away.14
She put away the oranges and places breakfast plate in front of me, I thanked her and start eating.
"Ram is still asleep?," I ask her, as I eat a spoonful of oats.
Normally, he is up before me and today I haven't seen him, yet.
"No, he left early for office today," she answers as she washes the breakfast dishes.
"Strange," I mutter to myself.
For the past few days, we are going together and last night also he didn't mention about leaving early in the morning. I check my phone to see if he informed me something on text, but there is no message from him.
When I reach the office, I thought to see him but then decided against it, not wanting to disturb him as he might be busy with some important stuff. Soon, I am also busy with my work. Nearly after three hours, I notice not even once my office phone rang, as he often intercoms me from time to time.
Maybe he is silently crying over his weight gain after eating so many chocolates or perhaps regretting consuming them in large quantity as he turned diabetic overnight.14
  "It is really weird," I say to myself.
Sometimes later I hear a knock and somebody pops their head inside, slightly opening the door.
"Hey, I came on this floor for some work, so I thought to meet you," Jatin, a guy from the accounts department says.
"Sure, come in," I smile and gesture to the seat in front of my desk. Jatin is a nice and friendly person. He helped me quite a few times when I have issues relating to accounts.  
He smiles as he comes inside and sits. He leans back and eyes my perfectly organized desk.
"What are you doing?" he glances at the file which is on my desk.
"Nothing, just comparing the figures," I shrug.
"Have any plans for lunch?" he nods, then casually asks.
"No, not as such," I shake my head," I have to submit my report today today, so I will skip lunch to work on it."
After randomly chatting for a few minutes,  he stands up and says, "Ok, I'll return to work now and see you later,"  and then he leaves.
Now I am feeling a bit anxious, as it is even past lunch time and still, I have not heard anything from Ram. I decide to go to his room, as I have to discuss some work and at the same time I will
....................................................................................................................................................
After knocking on the door I wait for his response, as I check my wristwatch.
God, why time passes faster than usual when you have a lot to do!1
Finally, after knocking for the third time he answers. When I enter into his office, he sitting behind his table and doing some work on the laptop, he looks up for a second then turn his attention back to his work.
Why is he behaving so differently?
Even when I am discussing the latest project, his replies are short, he looks distant and disinterested. After noting down all points, I look at him expectantly that maybe he will tell me what is the matter. Because till last night, everything was fine I don't know what happened today that he is acting differently.
However, he gets back to whatever he was doing, not even bothering to ask why I am still here.
"What happened, Ram? Is everything fine?" I ask, intently looking at him. By the look on his face, it is clear that something is really bothering him. I have seen his various types of faces like jerk face, annoyed face, I-will-kill-you face, playful face...however this face is not one of them. 7
"Nothing," he snaps his eyes up as he clenches his jaws, "there is nothing wrong."3
"Why are you still here? Don't you have any work to do?" he stares icily.
His sudden change in demeanor catches me off guard. I don't remember if I have pissed him off or something, that is why he is behaving like this.
"Yeah," I blink and nod my head slightly perplexed.
"You don't look fine, as if something is disturbing you. I was just concerned," I shrug.