Extra Shot-10

Happy Reading :)

stay safe.

Groaning in my sleep, I turn to my side, hiding my face in the pillow, when I feel kisses on my face. But the kissing assault doesn't stop, as now light kisses are pressed on my neck and shoulder. It takes a moment for me to open my eyes in realization, making me immediately turn my head to find Ram grinning at me. He is on his side, head propped up on his elbow, while a big smile is settled on his lips.

Throwing my arms around him, I happily embrace him in a tight hug which makes him chuckle loudly. It's been two weeks since I have last seen him in person, as he was on a three-week business trip. It seems weird that I was missing him like crazy even when we have talked every day. But still, seeing him in front of me is nothing compared to those video chats.

"From your reaction, I guess, you have missed me a lot." He lies down on his back, keeping his arm around my waist.

"You were not supposed to return tonight?" I ask him

"Yes, but the work got finished earlier so, I cut my trip short and returned home."

"I missed you so much." I wrap my arm around his waist, keeping my head on his chest listening to his steady heartbeat. "Even Kush was missing you."

"He used to keep staring at the mobile screen, and sometimes he used to start crying as soon as you have ended the call." I sigh, closing my eyes.

My Kush used to be so confused where his dad has suddenly disappeared.

"God, I missed him so much." He runs small circles on my arm, "I was afraid that he will not recognize me immediately. That he would not want to come to me or would not smile at me..."

"But when I walked to his crib and talked to him, instantly he started smiling." He sighs happily, "I was feeling so happy when he easily let me pick him up. You know, like how he stills his movements and stiffen himself when he wants to be picked."

That's true, Kush gets all squirmy when he doesn't want to be picked.

"And here I was thinking, I am your favorite and you directly came to meet me first." I tease him jokingly while raising my head from his chest, glancing at him.

Internally, I am smiling thinking about how much both must have been excited and happy to meet each other after a few weeks. I bet Kush must have given him, big sloppy kisses all over his cheek.

He loves his dad.

"You are my favorite person because I came to meet you first, but I didn't have the heart to wake you up. So I went to my second favorite person who was wide awake and entertaining himself by trying to eat his hand." He shrugs and lightly laughs.

"But you did wake me up." I glare at him, playfully.

"Because I wanted to kiss you senseless," he says casually, while my eyes widen in surprise and my cheeks start to heat up.

This man is unbelievable!

He laughs caressing my cheeks then his eyes land on mine. Tangling his hand in my hair, he pulls my face towards him and captures my lips with his, in a gentle kiss.

Closing my eyes, I bring myself closer to him as I kiss him back. I would lie if I say that I don't want to kiss him. Every time he kisses me, I feel so loved like he is conveying what he feels for me through the kiss. The moment his lips touches mine, butterflies erupt in my stomach, momentarily making me forget everything.