IX

Remember to Comment & Vote!

He looked bad. Really bad. Although Billy had gotten more hits in than Nate, the few Nate did get, looked horrible.

If Kim didn't know better, she'd probably make some snarky comment about his appearance. But she knew Billy was still riled up as he continued to breath heavily.

Neither of them spoke, Kim didn't even rub in his face that she got to drive the Camaro on their way here, even though he'd sworn to never let anyone drive his beautiful car.

A woman with an apron tied around her waist came to interrupted them, "Two vanilla milkshakes." She stated, setting down the whipped cream covered drinks.

Billy didn't want it. In fact, he didn't even order it, Kimberly did. He only looked at her as she sat in front of him, taking the straws off their wrapper and placing one perfectly in the center of the each drink after thanking the waitress.

His knuckles still hurt, even though they had been here for over ten minutes and the drive here was twenty. Billy could feel his hand throb as he held it in a fist, as if ready to hit anyone that pissed him off.

Kim takes a sip of the drink, the sweet sugar invading her taste buds. She avoids Billy's gaze, she could tell he was upset, maybe not upset at her directly, but still upset.

After a few seconds of silence and Billy not making an effort to even touch the glass cup, she smiles softly at him, her straw between her teeth as she spoke, "I'm guessing you're more of a chocolate kind of guy?"

No, Billy liked strawberry. But he didn't say that, instead he sighed and looked away, facing the window at his right. He watched the few cars that passed by.

Kim hated the silence. It wasn't their usual silence, it was uncomfortable and made her feel guilty. She had to admit, it was her fault for hanging around Nate and thinking he wouldn't be an asshole.

So with a nibble to her lip, Kim pushed the glass away and softly spoke, as if afraid that an eavesdropper would hear.

"I'm sorry," She confessed, looking at Billy and hoping he met her gaze.

Billy only sighed and turned to her, his eyebrows knitted with curiosity and confusion.

She spoke again, her hand nervously picking at a necklace that Billy hadn't noticed earlier, "I shouldn't have gone with Tommy's friends, I should've known better." She sounded like a child confessing to stealing a piece of candy from the gas station.

Billy sighed, "I'm not mad at you Kim." His voice was hoarse and although he tried to keep a straight face, Kimberly could see he was mad.

"I still shouldn't of been an idiot about it," She pursed her lips to the side nervously, continuing to nibble on the inside of her cheek. "I just wanted to prove Tommy, you know, wrong."

She didn't look up, instead she took the straw between her teeth and took a small sip of the sugary drink.

Billy furrowed his brows, "Prove him wrong?" His fist unclenched as he suddenly leaned closer to the booth table that separated them, "Did he say something to you?"

Kim smiled gratefully, "Look it's no big deal, I was just being sensitive." She explains, tilting her head to the side while continuing to sip on the drink.

Billy sighs heavily, "Tommy is a piece of shit and an insecure asshole, don't listen to what he says." He leans back into his seat and grabs the drink, examining it.

Kimberly sighs, "Yeah, I know it's just hard to ignore what everyone says about me." She confesses, swallowing a gulp as an attempt to keep her emotions at bay.

Billy looks at her, raising a brow while Kim avoids his gaze and instead playing with her straw. "Meaning what?"

Kim laughs but Billy knows it's full of sarcasm, "Come on, Billy," she finally looks up at him, "You know what they say about me."

Billy opens his mouth to reply but Kim interrupts, "Its fine, really, I'm getting used to ignoring it." Her smile is anything but happy.

Billy takes her milkshake, causing her to frown as he moves it aside. "My left eye is bruising and I can barely see from it, but would you look at me." He asks.

Kim sighs quietly, allowing him to move her drink and looks at him. "It's not Tommy's fault," She looks at him in the eye, "You have to understand where they are coming from, Billy."

Billy scoffs, "What?" He blinks rapidly in disbelief. "Are you seriously defending Tommy and what other people say about you?"

Billy wants to smack some sense into Kim but he doesn't, of course he doesn't, he would never lay a hand on her but damn, she could really be dumb at times.

Kim rolls her eyes, "Obviously not," She looks away from Billy, her mouth forming a straight line. "It's just different, Billy. You and me being friends, you've got to admit, is weird, okay?"

Billy scowls, shaking his head. "It's weird? How is it weird?" Billy talks again, "Because I'm not sleeping with you?"

Kim looks taken back but shrugs, "I mean, how often do you see the most popular guy at a school hang out with a literal nobody?"

Billy laughs loudly, his laugh gravely and oddly attractive to Kim. "I didn't know I had to fuck every girl I meet so it doesn't look weird."

Kim rolls her eyes as a playful smile forms on her lips, "That's not what I meant, I just mean that people like Tommy and Tina like to talk and—"

Billy reaches over and grabs Kim's hand, in a comforting manner that seems so normal to him yet makes Kimberly's heart stop for a second.

"Listen to me," He starts, looking at her in the eyes. "You are my friend, one of my best friends actually."

Billy's jaw clenches, "And I could give a fuck what Tina or Tommy have to say about it," his tongue laps over his bottom lip, making Kim gulp.

"So next time, Tommy or one of his shit friends says anything to you or god forbid, put their hands on you," Billy looks at her deeply, putting Kim in a trance like state. "I will kick their ass and no one, not even you, will be able to stop me from sending them to the hospital, got it?"

Kim pulls her hands back, as a smile reaches her lips with a laugh. "I don't know whether to be worried or excited at the offer."

Billy leans back, looking at her with a smile. "Well what can I say, I like you Kimberly Reeves, I really do."

Kimberly laughs quietly and smiles, watching Billy take a sip of his milkshake and cringe. "Jesus Christ, how are you drinking that?"

Kimberly laughes, raising her brow, "So definitely more of a chocolate kind of guy?"

Billy shakes his head, "Fuck no," He wipes his mouth with the back of his hand, "A strawberry kind of guy."

Kimberly shakes her head with an admiring smile while she bites her bottom lip, "Of course you are."

*****

A/N
Sorry it's been such a long time!
I've really missed you guys :(
I really like this chapter, but let me know how you felt about it in the comments!
As always, thanks for reading and I'll see you in the next chapter!
-Lyn <3

Don't forget to vote, comment, & follow me!