chapter seventy-nine

"good morning," julia greets me, her voice quiet as i open my eyes to my dimly-lit room. i must have fallen asleep on the phone with colby last night, because i am still fully dressed, and my phone is dead under my arm.

"how was your night?" i rub my eyes and sit up. i plug my phone into the charger and wait for the quiet girls response. she must not be much of a morning person. i am not either these days, i would much rather sleep through the day than wake up and confront my hectic life.

"amazing. i told him everything... excluding... you know," she grins like a guilty kid. memories from the night before flood my mind and i have to resist the urge to laugh. what an interesting night for the two of us. she didn't tell jake she loves him, and i told colby i wanted to have sex with him. we have very different problems at the moment.

"what time does colby land?" she asks, sitting next to me in a swift movement. i mutter a quick "one," as my phone comes back to life and i check the time.

"why are we up so early?" i groan, and i watch as julia giggles. "it's just seven!" shes right. a few months back, i'd already be up and in the shower by now. i wouldn't waste any time especially if i had plans to pick someone up from the airport. right now though, after the eventful night of mine, i just want to sleep until noon instead.

"you should get going before noon... what do you want to do before then?" julia asks, as if she can read my mind. i stretch my arms out in an attempt to wake my body up.

"i have to clean up my room, i was gonna clean colbys as well. do you wanna hang around and help?" i ask, expecting her to reject my offer. who in the right mind volunteers to clean? me, that's who. i have no obligation to clean colbys room but i want it to look nice when he gets back. after the scene he made before leaving, i just want him to feel comfortable here. with me.

"sure!" she smiles at me. i look through my notifications from the night quickly, dismissing most of them and checking my texts.

colby: you passed out and i don't have the heart to hang up but i'm sure your phone will die at some point. i love you

me: i love you, good morning. see u later (:

i smile at the reminder that i will be seeing my blue-eyed boyfriend in a few hours. i've missed him so much and after my embarrassing actions last night, i hope he doesn't regret his decision to come home today. something tells me i only made him miss me more, though. he's perfect for me.

aaron: left early to get some work done at the library. left some advil on the counter just in case

me: thank you(: sorry for last night

i have to swallow my giggles at the way i acted last night with aaron in the kitchen. i asked him his favorite color, he must think i'm so weird for that. i'd like to get to know him better, but asking him for his favorite color wasn't the most effective way to do so. i am not sure what i was thinking, but he didn't seem to mind very much. i dismiss my initial feelings of guilt, because i know colby would be jealous at a budding friendship with aaron. i know it's innocent, but he doesn't think the same way as me.

"ready?" i turn to julia who is busy on her phone as well. i will have to ask her about jake eventually, because if she wasn't busy telling him that she loves him i have no clue what they were up to all night. and admittedly, their situation is a nice distraction from how much i miss colby. "yeah, want me to go clean up upstairs while you work on your room?" she asks and i nod politely. she is so kind for offering to clean up a mess that she didn't even have a hand in making, i will have to thank her with breakfast or something. she is far too generous to me, and i know i don't deserve her help but i will gladly accept it because i didn't even plan on cleaning our living room today.