You Can Tell Me

I just love Star Wars art! Don't you guys?

Rey

Rey climbed into the cockpit and flew back to Endor. One look at all the trees and the green that surrounded her and she was in heaven.

Rey wondered what she had been thinking about preferring Jakku, a desolate hell hole, to Endor, a beautiful haven so full of life.

She got out of the X-Wing and took a few steps into the forest.

With a few sniffs and the closing of her eyes, Rey was transported back to Takodana outside of Maz's cantina, her first meeting with Kylo Ren to be precise. She remembered how full of fear she had been in that moment, that he was going to kill her like he'd done to so many before her.

Rey smiled at her own ignorance. If only she had known in that moment that the man she thought to be her enemy would be her savior, the father of her child.

Even now Rey was still surprised at the outcome.

BB-8 beeped, causing her to break out of her trance and open her eyes.

"Yes, I'm coming." She walked through the trees back to her room as BB-8 rolled off to find the other droids.

Rose Tico passed her in the hallway. Her shiny black hair was up in a messy bun and she was wearing her grubby cargo pants.

"Hey, Rey."

She backed up, her dark almond eyes lighting up with surprise. "Rey! We've been worried sick about you! Where have you been?"

Rey opened her mouth but Rose cut her off. "Finn and Poe are going to want to see you. I'll let them know that you're back."

Rey was unpacking the few belongings that she took with her when Poe and Finn stormed into her room.

She barely looked up. "Hey guys." Rey said casually, as if she hadn't left at all.

"Rey, you can't just go out and leave without telling anyone!" Finn glowered.

"I left you guys a note saying that I needed some time to myself."

"Well, you didn't state for how long." Poe crossed his arms.

"That's because I didn't know if I was going to come back or not."

Finn's scowl lessened. "Why wouldn't you have returned?"

"I didn't know if I had a purpose here now that we won the war. But, then I talked to Ben, and he didn't think that I should be alone again. I'm going to stay with the Resistance and train the next generation of Force sensitives."

Poe clapped his hands together. "That's perfect, Rey. I'm glad you were able to communicate with him. Did Ben say how his family is doing?"

"They're doing good. He said that they're very happy to be together again."

Finn pursed his lips as Poe shot him a warning look, as if they'd already privately discussed Rey's complicated relationship with Ben.

He smiled instead to try and cover it up. "It's great to have you back. I was wondering if I could talk to you about something."

He glanced at the pilot. "Privately."

Poe muttered something as he left the room, closing the door.

Rey plopped down on her bed. "What can I help you with, Finn?"

Finn started to fidget with his hands. He was nervous about something, something that Rey sensed he had never told anyone before.

"You're scared. Why?" She looked into his brown eyes. "We're best friends, you can tell me anything."

He gulped, nodding his head slightly. "I, I've learned a lot about myself from joining the Resistance. A lot of things I never knew. When, when we had destroyed the First Order fleet and were back on the Falcon, I felt something, something strange."

Finn gave her a sad look. "I, I felt you, your life, disappear. It was only for five minutes, but it hurt. Badly. Then, I sensed you come back. When you told Poe and I about what happened, with you and Kylo Ren, it made me curious. Curious about what I sensed and what I felt. Does that sound strange to you?"

Rey gave him a small smile as she shook her head. "It sounds like you've discovered that you're Force sensitive, like me."

"I, I want to know how to control it. Do you think that you could help me?" Finn looked at her hopefully.

"I would gladly train you, Finn. You can be my first student." Her hazel eyes brightened at the thought.

"Really?" He grinned. "Thank you."

Rey stood up and hugged him. "Of course."

Here's kind of a short, filler chapter. There's more to come, I promise!