Proud

Here's kind of a filler chapter. Sorry I took so long to update. I've been busy with school and graduation stuff. Thanks for sticking with me. Reylo is coming soon and I promise it won't be disappointing!

Rey- Three years later...

"Breath in, breath out."

Rey sat cross-legged in the clearing, facing her group of twelve students as they meditated. The Force was flowing strongly there as the group chanted under their breaths.

Rey planted her palms on either side of her. She could feel the Force sturdily streaming through her veins, travelling in her blood.

A sparkling light bouncing off her ring finger drew her attention.

It had been three years since Ben had proposed to her, and though waiting was still hard at times, knowing that he loved her was enough to help Rey get through it.

Rey dismissed her students and started to gather her things, but was distracted by a bright purple light.

"Zander, how many times have I had to tell you that your saber is not a toy? Put it away now."

She looked across the clearing at her son.

At twelve years old, Zander was looking very much like his father, his dark hair curling at the nape of his neck as his large ears peeked out from underneath.

"I wasn't playing with it, Mom. I was only admiring the glow."

He jogged over to her.

Rey eyed him.

Zander had clearly inherited Ben's height as he stood just below her temples, yet he was more lanky and not nearly as broad as Ben had been.

"You better be."

"You know, Mom," He gave her a sly look. "Wouldn't it improve my training if I were to practice combat moves, on someone more skilled?"

Rey cocked an eyebrow at him.

He was for sure Ben Solo's son.

"I sure hope you never have to use combat moves of any sort, Zani. But, it might be useful for you to learn if needed."

Zander looked at her hopefully.

"So does that mean that you're saying you'll train me?"

A small grin teased the corners of her lips.

"If you'll listen to me."

He returned it as he pulled out his new lightsaber. Rey grabbed her own as she took her stance several yards away.

"The trick is to find how you can use your body to your advantage. For myself, I've used my agileness to keep my opponents on their toes by constantly being on the move, doing flips, and jumping. Your father, on the other hand, would use his height and build, as well as his strength, to cut his opponents down."

Zander's face went blank as he processed her information.

"So how will I know what works for me?"

"I've found experience to be the best teacher." Rey gave him an encouraging smile. "You'll discover for yourself soon enough."

"You'll go easy on me, right?"

"Of course, dear." She ignited her yellow blade. "No maiming or kill shots. Are you ready?"

Zander nodded as he positioned the purple lightsaber in his hands.