Family Man

Ben- A few months later...

"Another easy day."

A man with strawberry blonde hair was swinging his arms as he strolled through the parking garage of the eastern headquarters of the Defenders of Peace.

A Toqruta female beside him sighed. "A little too peaceful if you ask me, Kenobi. Sometimes I wish we had a little more action around here."

Obi Wan Kenobi rolled his blue eyes. "Agree to disagree."

He bit his lip before changing the subject. "Got any plans tonight, Tano?"

"I might stop by the cantina for a drink." Ahsoka Tano squinted her large green eyes in contemplation. "Want to join?"

"Why not?" He shrugged. "I've got nothing else going on."

"What about you, Solo?" She turned to the tall handsome man on her left.

"Want to get a drink with us?"

Ben shook his head.

"Thanks for the offer, but I'm busy tonight. I'm going to go visit my son."

"That's right." Tano grinned slyly. "I almost forgot that you're a family man now, with a wife and kid. How old is he?"

"He's a couple months old, and his mother and I aren't married."

He scratched his dark head, looking away sheepishly. "It's- it's complicated."

There was an awkward silence before Kenobi decided to clear the air. "Well, I'm going to head out now. See you in a bit, Tano."

The three of them parted ways.

Ben hopped on his black speeder bike with an excited energy. He always looked forward to seeing his little family and hearing about their everyday lives, what was new and what was the same.

Ben pulled into his garage before making his way to his room. He threw off his beige uniform jacket and grabbed a pair of black pants to go with his black t-shirt.

Sitting on the edge of his bed, Ben closed his eyes, and focused on the Force flowing through him.

He pinpointed Rey's Force aura, and allowed himself to go to her.

When he opened his dark eyes, he found himself in Rey's empty living room.

Ben searched his surroundings for her, though it was not much longer when she stopped in the hallway, Zander's black fluffy head facing away from him.

A small smile escaped his lips as Rey's face lit up.

They stood there for a while, just staring at each other. Rey's brown hair was slightly disheveled and there were little bags under her large hazel eyes, but Ben couldn't help but just wish that he were solid so that he could kiss her, claim her full lips with his.

"Zander just woke up from his nap, but he should perk up soon."

Rey walked over to the sofa and sat down. Ben followed.

"Have you been getting any better sleep?"

"What do you think I was doing during his nap?" She laughed, making him smile a bit bigger.

"He's only waking up once every night to be fed, so it's not too bad."

Ben scooched closer to Rey, putting a translucent arm around her.

She turned their son so that he was facing him.

Zander was about four months old now, his newborn pink skin replaced by the start of baby fat. He leaned his head of thick, fuzzy dark hair against his mother's chest.