Reminder

Hey readers! Just a clarification, if you haven't picked this up already, time does not flow consecutively in this story. Sometimes a few months or weeks will pass, sometimes a few years due to the nature of the story. Happy reading and stay healthy!

Rey

"So you're telling me that you haven't thought of any names?"

Ben's shimmering blue Force ghost was leaning against the couch.

Rey shook her head sheepishly.

"Aren't you about nine months along now?"

She was lying down across from him. "Yes, Ben, but I was waiting for you to do it with me."

Rey thought for a moment. "How about, if it's a girl we name her Leia, and if it's a boy we name him Benjamin?"

Ben shook his head. "I like the idea of naming our daughter after my mother, but having a son named after me?"

His black curly locks spun around his face. "I don't deserve such an honor."

"If we have a son, I'd like for him to be named after you, after his father, even if it were just his middle name. Do you know why?"

He studied her. "Why, Rey?"

"Because," Rey smiled at Ben. "He'd be my reminder that I still have a part of you here with me."

Ben gazed at her softly, his lips slightly curving.

"Oh alright, I'll allow it to be his middle name. But if we have a girl, I want her to be named after her mother." His dark eyes brightened. "Leia Rey Solo."

Rey's face lit up. "I like that! Now for a boy's name?"

He thought for a moment. "What about Zander?"

Her grin deepened. "Zander Benjamin Solo. That's perfect."

A hard pain spiked through her lower back. She grimaced.

Ben scooched closer to her, concerned. "Rey! Are you feeling okay?"

Rey nodded as she sat up. "I'm fine, Ben. The baby just kicked me rather hard. It's been doing that a lot today."

She started to stand up, when she found her pants to be soaked through.

Rey turned to look at Ben, the two of them wide eyed.

"Did, did your water just break?" He stammered.

"I think so." She tried not to allow her voice to shake, though it came out a pitch higher.

"Stay here while I go change my pants, and then we'll go to the med bay."

He watched her nervously as she left the room, returning a few minutes later with a full bag for the med bay.

"Ready?"

"Yeah."

Rey doubled over in pain.

"Rey!" Ben rushed to her, trying to use the Force to support some of her weight.

"Hold on, I know someone who can help." He closed his eyes in concentration.

Leia's blue Force ghost appeared, looking the same as she had the last time Rey had seen her.

"Rey. Ben."

"Mom, we need your help." Ben panted. "Rey's in labor. Can you help me get her to the med bay, or to someone who can?"

"I'm on it." She winked at Rey as she used the Force to support her on the other side.

"How's your pain level?"