Let Go

Song- Umbrella by Rihanna feat. JAY-Z

What! 1K reads!! Thank you guys so much!! I started writing this story for my enjoyment and emotional healing after TROS, but thought others might enjoy it. NEVER did I think it'd get this much love! Thanks guys!!

Ben

Ben opened his dark eyes to the familiar setting of Rey's living room.

After adjusting his appearance to be that of a fifty year old man, he searched his surroundings, his heart thumping loudly in his ears not helping his concentration.

The sight that he was met with nearly broke it.

Mighty Rey Skywalker, the last of the Jedis and equal opponent of Kylo Ren, lay sprawled across the floor.

Ben's throat tightened as he recalled the night twenty years ago when he stumbled across a cave on Exogol to find Rey in a state very much like this. The memory still made him emotional, as if it were still fresh.

But Rey wasn't dead yet.

She was still just barely hanging on by a thread.

Just barely.

"Help."

Her small body was wracked with sobs as he knelt down next to her.

"Ben." She whimpered.

As much as it pained him to see her so pitiful, Ben kept a strong front.

"Don't be afraid." His deep voice was gentle. "I feel it too."

"Mom, I thought I heard a crash. Are you okay?"

Zander rushed into the room from outside.

His face fell as he saw the scene before him.

"Oh. Oh no."

Ben managed to remain calm. He needed to be brave for them.

"Zander, we don't have much time." His voice broke a little but he kept going.

"I need you to carry your mother to her bed and help her get comfortable. I'm going to find Finn."

Zander gave him a small, affirmative nod before he vanished again.

Ben found himself to be in a section of the forest. A house was visible in the distance, but he could feel a Force signature coming from a ratty green hammock much closer to him.

Sure enough, his former trooper FN-2187 was sound asleep in his little cocoon.

"Finn." Ben hissed urgently as he used the Force to shake the hammock a bit.

"Wha-" Finn rubbed his brown eyes before he nearly jumped out of his skin, the act causing him to be flipped over.

He cursed as he stood up.

"Ky-, Ben, please tell me that you didn't come just to wake me up." Finn glared.

Ben held back a smirk.

If it weren't for the dire circumstances, he would have been fairly amused.

"It's not, actually; I need your help. Rey is going to die soon, and I need you to gather those closest to her so she can say goodbye."

The color drained out of Finn's face.

"I'll- I'll be there as soon as I can." He stammered.

Ben gave him a grateful sliver of a smile. "Thank you. That means a lot to her."