It has been nearly a year and a half since Midoriya's first and last encounter with All Might

It has been nearly a year and a half since Midoriya's first and last encounter with All Might. He was a fourteen-year-old kid back then with hopes that he actually could become a hero without a quirk. Everyone around him knew that he couldn't. His mother, who gave him silent signs by her constant crying that later drove Midoriya crazy every sleepless night he had due to his mother's cries. His best friend Bakugou, who didn't see Midoriya as a friend ever since they discovered he's quirkless. He was the only one who had the balls to tell Midoriya that he's useless. It surely was easy for him to say, since he has such a perfect quirk.

And now, at the age of sixteen, young Bakugou is rolling into the second year of Yuuei's top hero course with 19 other promising students, class 2A. Bakugou hasn't seen Midoriya since they left middle school. Or at least he thought he didn't see him. Midoriya actually sees him every morning as he walks by him in the morning in front of Yuuei academy. He is always so happy that he goes to Yuuei, along with those annoying kids like that red-haired boy who is too loud, the girl with pink cheeks or that blue-haired boy who is always too hyper about basically everything. Other people wouldn't recognize that Bakugou is happy, nobody can. Only Midoriya has that ability because they knew each other since they were in diapers.

Midoriya always walks past Yuuei and spits on the pavement there. Heroes are supposed to help people, right? No matter the cause, they are always supposed to encourage others that everything will be okay. Well, the words 'I don't think you can become a hero' certainly didn't encourage Midoriya in anything.

"Do you know that dude?" the voice of the previously mentioned red-haired boy, Kirishima, made its way in Midoriya's ears. He tried to whisper but as said, he's not very good at being quiet.

"Don't know, why should I give a fuck," Bakugou growled and the two boys finally passed the Yuuei gates together.

"It's just that he walks here every day. Didn't you notice?" Kirishima added and looked at Midoriya who was neatly hidden under a black hood.

"You walk here every day as well, shitty hair," Bakugou growled again and with that, the conversation was over.

Exactly, why should you give a fuck about your best friend, Kacchan? Midoriya thought as he watched the blonde's back get lost in the crowd of students. Midoriya continued to walk down the street and took one last glance at the huge academy. And there, he saw him. A muscular man standing in one of the windows in his hero suit, waiting for his students to arrive. Midoriya hates him, with every muscle and bone in his body.

"One day, All Might. One day." Midoriya whispered and quickly walked away. What he couldn't see was that All Might was watching him as well. What he couldn't know was that All Might recognized him. What he couldn't know was that All Might felt guilty for how Izuku ended. Because of him.

Midoriya made his way back to the city center, heading to his small, falling apart apartment. But what caught his attention was a man walking towards him with a hood on as well. Midoriya felt anxious and weird about him so he wanted to walk past him quickly but he was stopped with the man's hand on his shoulder, gripping on it tight so Midoriya couldn't go anywhere. He was ready for the man to punch him or kick him but that didn't happen.