Last Strike.

You never truly know who is by your side or against you until life reveals their true colors.

The past ten years have been tumultuous for me, whereas for everyone else, they've been filled with drama. During these years, I've yearned for love and care. Sometimes, I've been tempted to march into my father's office and spill everything, just to make my life a bit more bearable. However, the memory of Ethan and Kiara's happy, smiling faces always holds me back.

Today, the Knights have invited me to their house for dinner. Neither they are eager to meet me nor is my family pleased to bring me there. However, they require an extra servant, and I suspect they intend to humiliate me in front of everyone.

I'm dressed in a simple light pink dress, not from a famous or expensive designer, as my family believes I don't deserve such clothes.

I carefully selected my outfit, opting for a simple and subtle hairstyle. I applied neutral makeup to complete my look and headed downstairs.

In the living room, my parents were already waiting for my brothers. My father looked at me with anger in his eyes and said, "Behave yourself tonight. It's important for all of us. If I see any trouble, I'm going to punish you severely."

I simply nodded, not wanting to cause any more trouble. An unsettling feeling nagged at me, as if something terrible was about to happen, and I knew it wouldn't bode well for me.

Soon, my brothers made their entrance. They cast disgusted glances my way before joining my parents.

My mother was elegantly dressed in a gown that complemented her skin tone.

I made my way to our bodyguard's car, as I couldn't bear to sit with them any longer.

After half an hour, we arrived at the Knights' mansion. It was a beautiful Georgian-style house with a spacious garden and numerous balconies.

 It was a beautiful Georgian-style house with a spacious garden and numerous balconies

As we arrived at their place, that nagging feeling in my stomach intensified. All the family members were seated in their spacious living room, and I noticed that even my grandparents were present. Don't think for a second that they liked me; if anything, they were worse.