Determination.

David's POV

It's been three days since we last saw our Amara, and I can't help but think about how much she has changed during that time. She was always beautiful, even when I was ignoring her, I was still protective of her. I never liked any hormonal boy near her, and now that I've realized my mistake, it's even worse.

When I saw her in the library, my heart stopped beating. I always knew she was innocent and naive, but her behavior reminded me of when I first saw her as a newborn. I didn't know what it felt like to be a father of a daughter, but at that moment, when I saw her reading a book, my fatherly instincts woke up, and the need to protect her was overwhelming.

When she called me "sir," I felt like I was dying inside. I knew I had hurt her so much that she didn't recognize me. But when she said her name was Rosa Amyra Richardson, I was shocked.

After some time, her new family arrived, and to my surprise, it was none other than Benjamin Richardson, who had always liked Amara. This was one of the reasons we cut ties with them.

Then my Amara called him "papa." She had never called me that; it was always "father." I know it's normal considering my past behavior towards her, but I felt a pang of jealousy in my heart.

Benjamin then told us everything that had happened to her, and I was shocked and overwhelmed with guilt for letting her go again. But as I saw that Amara had made a place in their hearts, and they in hers, I couldn't ruin that. So, we made a deal, and I quite liked it. At least we would be able to talk to her and build a relationship with her.

Then we went for lunch, and when the door opened, I saw my daughter in a white dress with long dark brown hair. She looked beautiful as always. When she greeted us with a smile, I felt relief. I hugged her, and it was the first time I had ever hugged her.

The rest of my family also hugged her, and it felt so good to see her like this.

At the dinner table, when we learned about her allergies, I felt shame that I didn't know about my daughter's life-threatening allergies.

During dessert time, when she was goofing around with Benjamin's sons, I saw my brothers clenching their jaws.

As we were about to leave, Amara mentioned the blizzard outside, and it felt like a sign from the heavens, giving us a chance to prove our love to her.

Then she showed us our rooms, and Laura slumped down on her bed, crying.

"What have we done, David? We are monsters. Our Amara is so fragile, delicate, and innocent. She only seeks love. Why couldn't we give her that? If we had, she would have been with us, she would have called me mama. But we ruined everything, David," she cried, taking out an ultrasound picture from her bag, from the time when Amara was still in her womb.

"She is still as pure as a baby. Our baby. David, let's tell her everything. I can't bear to have her call me aunty. I want her to call me mama. Let's go," she rushed to Amara's room, and I followed her, hurrying to stop her from doing something that would hurt Amara even more.

"Laura, listen to me, stop! We can't do that; she will never forgive us," I pleaded, but she reached Amara's room, opened the door, and we saw our Amara snuggled up with a big pillow in furry blankets.

Laura took a deep breath, sat near Amara, kissed her on the forehead, and covered her with the blankets properly.

"I can't do this," she whispered to me, and I just nodded.

We left the room, filled with regret and sorrow. We are sorry, Princess.

Xaviar's POV

Today, I met my baby. She looked so cute and beautiful in her white dress. She is as pure as the color she was wearing.

At the dining table, I learned about her allergies. I have to be careful with her. She is very sensitive and delicate, like a flower. My flower.

Once I get her, she will be taken care of like the precious gem she is. But I have to take things slow; I don't want to scare my baby.