prologue

"Ok, I think here I a good spot for a picnic

"Ok, I think here I a good spot for a picnic." I said, putting a basket down. Four people followed me, placing various items around.

"When was the last time we had one of these, anyways?" Julian, one of three guys asked. I shrugged, laying down on the grass.

"Probably a while, exams have been taking up most of our free time.." Eleanor, the other girl, said. I sighed, sitting back up.

"Have you guys sent any applications to colleges yet?" Julian asked.

"Oh god, I really don't wanna think about that.. can we just enjoy a picnic without thinking about responsibilities?" Matthew, the tallest of us, asked. I chuckled.

"I'll try, but no promises." Julian said with a smile. He opened the basket, taking all of the food out as well. Eleanor grabbed the cooler and opened it up, grabbing a drink for herself.

"Pass me an iced tea, please." I said, putting my hand out. She sighed, grabbing a drink from the cooler. She tossed it at me before closing the cooler again. I cracked it open, taking a sip from the can. 

"You know, I'm really gonna miss you guys.. I know that we all have to go our own ways and stuff but.. I just really can't imagine my life without you guys." I said with a huff. 

"(Y/N), don't even start with that sappy stuff. I'm gonna start crying!" Eleanor said, embracing me in a hug.

"Just promise me we won't all forget each other and move on, right?" I asked with a smile. 

"We promise." They said in sync.

That was the last time I had spoken to them.