Chapter 01: A Dream?

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters from Teen Wolf they belong to their creator. I own Jessica Stilinski and anything/anyone else you don't recognise.

Broken and Beautiful

Chapter 01: A Dream?

2005

As she ran back to the preserve the only thing that Jessica Stilinski could hear was screams and sirens. By the time she got to the Hale house it had been roped off so she looked for her father. Sheriff Noah Stilinski, the old man spotted her trying to find him.

"Jess, shouldn't you be at the McCall's with your brother?" Noah questioned noticing the eighteen year old standing to the side watching as her best friends house went up in flames. Jessica shook her head before she spoke again.

"Derek, he was meant to be at school with Laura...where is he?" Jessica questioned, her father shook his head so she just closed her eyes and looked around. "Dad he's here..."

"Deputy let her in," Noah motioned for the deputy to lift the tape allowing Jessica in. "Jess be careful," Jessica nodded and walked around the outskirts of the house.

"Dad!" Jessica screamed as loud as she could spotting Derek laying on the edge of the property. Jessica ran over to Derek and crouched down beside him as she waited for her dad.

"Can we get a paramedic over here?" Noah called, wrapping one around his teenage daughter while putting his hand on Derek's chest. "Kiddo he's still breathing, he'll be okay,"

"Der, hear that? Dad said you'll be okay," Jessica mumbled into her father's shoulder before she pulled her head away.

Jessica looked around and tried to focus on anything but Derek being in pain but found herself reaching for him only for her father to grab hold of her hands. Jessica struggled against her father pulling her hand free to take hold Derek's hand.

"Cora..." Derek's voice was strained as he looked at Jess before losing consciousness.

"Dad...I have to find Cora," Jessica said looking at Noah and then at Derek before looking into the preserve trying to ignore the sirens.

"Go, find her," Noah nodded, he knew that his daughter was special – his son had the same qualities just untouched.

Jessica closed her eyes and focused turning her head as though she was looking without looking. She opened her eyes and ran, knowing where to find the scared eleven year old girl. Cora was crouched hiding in an old tree stump when she heard Jessica calling her name.

"Cora! Cora it's me, Jessica," Jessica called, as she reached the tree stump and stood outside of it. "Come out," Cora stuck her head out of the tree and shook it causing Jessica to get down on her hands and knees and crawl over to her. "Core, come here," Jessica held her arms open as she stopped right at the entrance.

"Der...Der's dead..." Cora mumbled shaking her head as she crawled out of the stump and into Jessica's arms.

"No, no he's not. He's still alive, I found him just like I found you," Jessica wrapped her arms tightly around Cora and kissed the top of her head. "Lets get you safe okay?" Cora nodded and curling tighter into Jessica's lap.

"Stay here?" Cora asked, glancing up at the older girl as the tears streamed down her cheeks.

"Just a little while, but then we have to go back," Jessica nodded before she called out that she'd found Cora.