Chapter 04: A Good Sign?

3 months earlier

The pack had gone on what was meant to be a routine observation/patrol and checkout when things went in the wrong direction and everyone got split up. Derek, Jessica and Jordan had opted to stay at the house and cook for everyone. Stiles had been partnered with Malia as she and Scott had a tendency to make out rather than patrol, when Stiles had seen what he thought was Claudia and followed it.

"Stiles!" Malia screeched, she'd lost sight of him they all had and now they were trying to find him.

"Malia?" Scott called the second that he heard Malia yelling for Stiles. Lydia, Scott, Liam, Kira, Mason, Cora, Isaac and Corey heard Malia's yelling so they'd all run to Malia.

"I turned away for a second and then he was gone," Malia spoke quickly she couldn't even pick up on Stiles' scent.

"What do you mean, he's gone?" Scott raised his voice as Lydia pulled out her phone to call Jessica, but was prompted by Scott to pocket it again.

"Exactly that, he's gone. I don't know how," Malia said, this time Cora called for Stiles hoping that he'd answer her.

"Stiles! Stiles where the hell are you?" Cora yelled, Isaac instinctively covered his ears as he was standing closest to her at the time. "Sorry," Cora looked sheepishly at Isaac and took his hand.

"Split up and look for him," Scott said before grabbing hold of Malia's hand. "Kira and Malia with me, Lydia go with Liam, Mason and Corey," Scott paused before he continued to speak. "Cora do you think you and Isaac will be right?"

"Obviously," Cora stated, it wasn't the first time they'd been tasked with going together, they may have been dating but they had rules. "I'm not calling Jess and Derek unless we can't find him,"

Scott looked at Cora and nodded, he knew that aside from Stiles, her and Derek were the closest to the Stilinski's having lived with them for a few years after their family died. Isaac was Derek's beta first, but there was something about Jessica that had made him stay close to them. When Allison had died, Jessica had gone with Chris and Isaac to France for a few weeks before returning with the beta and leaving him with Cora.

The three groups split up to look for Stiles, as they searched they realised that Stiles' Jeep was missing. Lydia stood where it had been and called Scott to tell him that it was gone. The group met up where Stiles' Jeep had been and tried to work out where it could have gone. They started off in the preserve but ended up somewhere they never thought they'd have to go back to, the old Beacon Hills First National Bank.

"Stiles?" Malia called out again, hoping that this time he'd answer. "Stiles! Where are you!?" Malia yelled again, as Scott tried to locate his friends heartbeat.

"Stiles?" Cora called, this time they got an answer which annoyed Malia as she'd thought he'd at least answer her.

"Cora...?" Stiles voice was barely audible but also frightened, Scott and Cora looked at one another before Scott headed in the direction they'd heard his voice coming from.

"We're coming Stiles, just hold on," Scott called back, they didn't have to go far before Stiles was collapsing on the ground in front of them. "What happened?"

"Stiles?" Cora crouched down in front of Scott and put her hand on his shoulder and felt his body still. "Scott we have to get him home,"

"Liam help me get him into the Jeep," Scott's voice broke everyone from their thoughts as he crouched down to move Stiles.

Stiles unconsciously pushed Scott's hands away from him and clung to Cora who shrugged before she nodded to Scott that it was okay to pick him up. Between all of them they some how managed to get Stiles into Roscoe and back to Jessica's. When they pulled up out the front Scott was racing up to the front door only to have Jessica already walking out of it and towards him.