Chapter 9: They're Coming

Hey cherries🍒 I just wanted to say thank you so much for deciding to read this book! I'm having so much fun writing it so I hope you're enjoying it. Let's take a look and see what Lola was referring to in the last chapter shall we? Get your popcorn and reading glasses;) Enjoy!

Everywhere I look there is blood. Every single one of the first years have turned into werewolves. There're some on the tables and some on the ground. The wolves are attacking humans. I look over at Ethan to see that he is raging. I've never seen him this a angry before.

His nostrils are flaring and it looks like he is on the verge on changing into a wolf himself. Oh no I'm not ready to see him transform yet! I grab both sides of Ethan's face, forcing him to look me in the eyes "HEY! You stay strong okay? Don't change into your wolf! Don't do it!" I shout into his face over the deadly screams around us. He gives me a curt nod then faces forward again, lets go of my hand and takes a step "STOP!" he shouts so loud my ears block and I wince.

All the wolves stop attacking the humans and all look up at their alpha. "CHANGE!" Ethan shouts and they all twist their heads in confusion "I SAID CHANGE! NOW!" the wolves start to transform into their human forms and I cannot believe my eyes so I turn around and Ethan cover my ears not wanting me to hear the bones breaking back into place.

Once Ethan uncovers my ears and I turn around to see what once were wolves are now standing there naked. I keep my eyes above their waists. What just happened! Why did they attack outsiders?! I quickly run over to the screaming humans to help heal them. Once I'm over to them I freeze because I don't know what to do. All of their eyes are squeezed shut in agony.

"It's okay, I'm going to help you guys. I'm not going to hurt you!" I say with a strong voice trying to make it clear that I won't hurt them. I look to my right to see a middle aged women with a bite mark on her arm. Okay Lola focus!

"I'm going to touch your arm okay?" I ask making sure to get her consent, she nods furiously, I grab her arm closing my eyes taking her pain away. I can hear Ethan shouting at all of the first years demanding answers as to why they did this. Once I'm sure I'm finished I open my eyes and there is no mark left. I sigh in relief that I helped her.

The lady opens her eyes looking at her arm in shock. Once she makes eye contact with me I stiffen. Her eyes are red. Why are her eyes red?! Her pupils are bright red in colour and I look around to see if the other humans are like that and....they are? What's happening? "Ethan! Come here quick!" I shout, worry clear in my voice.

Ethan shows up at my side just as I finish the sentence. "Are you okay?" he says with concerned eyes but I can still sense the rage in him, like he's ready to burst from what the first years did. He's ashamed that they go to this college and behave so badly...so childishly."No-ya I'm fine it's just.....look at all of their eyes" I say slowly, gesturing towards the crying victims in front of us.

Ethan leans in closely taking a deeper look. "Their evil" Ethan state's and I look at him with wide eyes "....evil? How do you know that?" I ask in a low voice. "They were sent here by another pack. That pack implanted a chip into their heads, brainwashing them. A part of that makes their eyes turn red. They were probably told to do something to provoke the first years to attack and......they did." Ethan finish's looking even more angry then before, I would try and calm him down but I need answers first.

"If they're evil why aren't they doing anything to us right now?" I ask suddenly afraid of them "They won't because the wolves attacked and the chip stopped working. Their eyes will be back to normal in a couple of hours" Ethan says then stands up. I stare up at him in confusion "Why would the other pack send them here?" I ask as Ethan reaches his hand out to help me up, I put my hand in his as he answers "They want to scare us. Remember that night in the library-" I blush and avert my eyes "-I said that our enemies are after us after seeing the strong connection we have. They want to separate me and you. But that won't happen. I did something to their packs alpha and he has not forgiven me for it, so this is his way at revenge. By bringing these innocent humans here to be killed by our students he has an upper hand. Us killing the innocent is not.....very good for our image and will make us look like the bad guys. If you and I did not arrive when we did and they did kill them....the alpha can declare....war." Once Ethan finishes I start to breathe fast shallow breaths. "But....can't they declare war anyway?" I say with a shaky voice, Ethan nods once "Yes they can. Bringing the innocent humans here for us to kill would of speeded things up. Listen to me Lola and listen very carefully-" I look straight into his eyes while tears cloud my vision "-by bringing these people here to be killed, that is just another way for the alpha to declare a war"one tear escapes from my eye. "So you're saying that.......?" I ask already knowing the answer but too afraid to say it out loud "Yes. We are going into war. They're coming." Everything goes black-again.

I wake up feeling sick and exhausted. When I first open my eyes I have no idea where I am but then I remember that I'm staying in Ethan's room. I fainted. Again. Ethan must've carried me into his bedroom while I was out. I slowly sit up resting my back against the massive headboard. I look around seeing nobody in the room.

I turn to my right seeing a glass of water and a painkiller for the headache Ethan somehow knew I was going to have. After taking the water and the pill I get worried again. They're coming. Ethan's words keep replaying in my head. Not only is the pack coming but also an alpha that hates Ethan. An alpha that wants to separate him and I. He's going to kill me-to hurt Ethan. I don't just know it but I can feel it. I'm in danger.

Ethan knows it too but just won't say it aloud. Well this is great not even a week has gone by and I'm already in danger of being killed. The door opens and my beautiful mate walks in instantly putting a smile on my face. I know he is cruel, mean and viscous.....but not to me-not anymore. He is a dirty little bastard from time to time but he's my dirty little bastard.

"I can hear you, you know?" Ethan says and I slap my palm against my forehead when I remember he can read my freaking thoughts. "Whatever" I say turning red feeling slightly embarrassed. "Baby I love it when you call me your dirty little bastard" as soon as the words are out of his mouth I groan loudly putting the duvet over my head-hiding myself. Two hands pull the duvet back revealing a smug smile "Stop being cheeky and eat some food" Ethan says handing me a plate of toast.

Mmmmm yum my favourite! "I know" he says and I roll my eyes "Stop reading my thoughts it's getting annoying!" I screech feeling a mixture of annoyed and embarrassed. "Fine okay" he says and a sad expression takes over his face. I put my hand in his cheek "Hey what's wrong?" I ask but I have a feeling I already know the answer, "I'm not going to let the Kirpers touch you" Ethan says and I can sense his anger beginning to build again. I presume The Kirpers are the packs name. "Hey they aren't because I'm going to be with you, staying safe. Okay?" Ethan nods but his body is still stiff.

"Come here" I say putting my toast on the table beside me and opening up my arms gesturing for him to climb into bed beside me. As soon as he's in I comb my fingers through his soft hair, "I'm safe here with you, in your arms" I whisper and I feel him relax in my arms. I put my arms around his neck letting him put his head in the crook of my neck breathing me in. "Stay with me in this room. Please." Ethan whispers into my neck, his voice pleading with me. "I'm not going anywhere" I mumble back with a smile placed happily on my lips.

Hey cherries🍒 At least this time there is a happy end! What do you think about the Kirpers?? Hope you enjoyed:) leave a comment and a vote;) See you very very soon!!
Amy