Chapter 13: Fury

Hey cherries🍒 The last chapter was one to remember that's for sure! If you haven't read the last chapter I recommend to go back and read that before this one. Thank you so much for reading this book, it really means a lot:) Alright let's get into it;) Enjoy!

My head hurts so much! My body hurts like hell and I would love to say that these past couple of hours is all a dream but it's not. I can remember everything clear as day! The black veins, the transition, me having fire powers, the black eyes, me looking like a monster and the blood gushing out of my head. I could cry at the memory of it alone.

I slowly open my eyes and notice that there is a new glass of water on the table beside me. I sit up and see that I'm in the same soaking wet clothes as before. I see that the chair I broke has been cleared up and the blood on the floor is gone.

I ring the bell beside my bed and wait for someone, anyone to come in. I hear the door unlock, Trish walks in with a clipboard in hand and comes over to me but not without closing and locking the door behind her.

"Well hello Lola! Nice to see that you've woken up. You lost a lot of blood and there was a split second where I didn't think you'd make it but I guess being a healer comes in handy. If you were just a normal person I would have no doubt in my mind that you'd be dead right now" Trish says casually and I stare at her still confused out of my mind.

"Ummm-" my voice is all hoarse from the amount of screaming I did so I clear my throat "-how long have I been out for?" I ask and Trish grabs a new chair and sits down beside me "Well Lola when you pressed the red button I was not expecting the site that I saw. The chair was in pieces, there was water all over the bathroom floor and there was blood everywhere. I got some other doctors in here to help clean up and to carry you into bed. We didn't change your clothes because we didn't know what you were capable of. We thought you might wake up at any second still not in control of your body. I put a bandage on your head but it's probably healed by now. You were passed out for only two hours so overall the transition was 3 hours, but if you didn't bang your head the transition actually only lasted an hour." Trish finishes and I'm in shock. It only lasted an hour?! It felt like a lifetime of pain when it was happening!

"Where's......where's Ethan?" I ask quietly. I need him so much right now it hurts. "Ya well he has caused quite the trouble while you've been in here" Trish rolls her eyes and I give her a confused look. "You see Lola, werewolves are very VERY protective of their mates and since Ethan is an alpha he is about ten times more protective. As soon as he left, he went into the forest for an hour then he came back because he couldn't stand to be apart from you any longer. When he came back and.......heard your screams of pain-" I wince remembering how I felt "-I don't think I've ever seen him so angry. He attempted to break down the door, constantly banging on it. He was shouting your name hoping you would hear it. We all tried to calm him down but it was no use. He destroyed everything he set his eyes on.  He put his hands around one of the doctors neck-choking him, demanding him to let him in the room when your screams got worse. He almost killed him, so we had to do what was best" she says and I remember the banging on the door and even if I knew it was Ethan I wouldn't have been able to make it to the door with the pain I was experiencing.

"What did you do to him?" I whisper "We injected him with sleeping medication. He's awake now though and would be back to his banging but Aubrey is distracting him with some stories about you. That's keeping him calm for probably a good 2 more minutes." I smile at Aubrey's attempt at keeping him calm but I need him now. "Trish please I need to see him" I groan in frustration "Why do I need to see him so badly? I can't even last a couple of hours" I exclaim and Trish nods her head in understanding.

"That's completely understandable Lola. I don't think you realise just how powerful a bond between TRUE mates really entails. If you're apart for a week, you won't be able to eat, to talk, to do anything active. Most mates would last a month but since you guys are true mates I'm thinking you would go into deep depression if ye are apart for a couple of days" she says. "Can I please see him now then?" I ask pleading with my eyes. "Yes, but first I would like to take a look at your heart rate, blood pressure and your head."