Chapter 37: Running Away

Hey cherries🍒 Sorry I haven't posted in so long:( I wasn't feeling motivated enough and I didn't want to post just for the sake of posting. Anyway I'm back now so have fun reading;) ENJOYYY!

My head is killing me. I unfortunately remember everything that happened. I don't know what time it is. I do know where I am though. When I got knocked out Liam threw me into the trunk of a car. I'm trapped.

I've been in this car for hours. Most of it I've been passed out. I don't know where we are, or where we're going. All I'm focused on right now is the muffled voices in the front of the car.

"What do you mean you didn't tie her up?!" an angry voice grumbles.

"I don't think there is any need to do that" A voice sternly responds. I recognise that voice....it's Liam.

"Ya well that's not up to you. Boss said to tie her up and you disobeyed him. Don't come running to me for help when he will kill you."

"Ya well I'm not the one who hit her on the fucking head! If anyone is dead it's you."

Just as Liam finishes that sentence the car stops suddenly; making me crash into the top of the trunk. I groan and bring my hand up to my head, to end up feeling a hot liquid coming out of it. I know that feeling all too well. It's blood.

I frantically look around the dark trunk, trying to find anything that can help me get out of here. I use my hands as my eyes, moving them around the small space. "Come on" I groan.

Beside my right knee I feel a cold metal object. I smile to myself when I notice it's a tool-a very heavy, deadly, car tool. "It's okay. Just stay calm Lola. You've got this. Remain calm." I mumble to myself and my breath hitches when I hear car doors slam shut.

I wrap my sweaty hand tightly around the tool and brace myself.

"Open the fucking trunk asshole." The angry voice barks and I gulp.

Liam is going to open it. I can't hit Liam....but I have to. I turn to my side facing the opposite side; away from the opening, hide the tool with my leg and close my eyes.

Liam slowly opens the boot. I feel his eyes on me and I hate it. I loved Liam like a brother. He has seen me at my most vulnerable. I shiver when a cold breeze hits the backs of my thighs. I'm still only in a thin black tank top and black cotton underwear and I hate that not only Liam but also strangers are seeing me in such little amount of clothes. I hate how Ethan doesn't know what's happening to me. Well...at least I think he doesn't know.

"Stop fucking staring at the bitch and pick her up. We have to get moving. Now!"

Liam sighs heavily and I am furious. How dare he call me a bitch. The fact that Liam just let him talk about me in that way makes me sick. I no longer feel bad for what I'm about to do.

I open my eyes, turn around, once I see the fear in his eyes I swing the tool right into his gut-hard. I make sure to hit him strongly because he's a werewolf. Liam crashes to the ground groaning, I quickly and swiftly jump out of the boot and run.

We are in the middle of nowhere. Surrounded by fields and fields of grass and farmland. I turn my head to look back at the car and see it's right beside a big warehouse. Liam gets up and runs inside; calling for help. I look ahead of me and run for my life.

————————————————————————

I pant my way threw the fields for I don't know how long and breathe a sigh of relief when I see a small village in the distance.

I slow my pace to walk as I come closer to the small town. I probably look like a maniac; dry blood on my face, out of breath and wearing little to no clothes. I hope this town isn't protected by witches because I want nothing more than to be in the arms of my mate.

I walk along a path, looking around me to make sure I'm not being followed. The locals are all looking at me weird but I can't say I blame them.

I see a middle-aged women holding a stroller looking at a window of a clothing store. I walk slowly up beside her and face the window. "That green coat would look lovely on you" I say softly pointing at the coat on the mannequin.

The lady looks over to me with a sweet smile, "You think?"

I nod and look at the ground. "I think it would look better on you" she says quietly and I laugh.

"Anything would look good on me right now. I um....lost my clothes." She gives me a puzzled expression.

I chuckle, "It's a long story." She nods smiling sincerely.

"I'm so sorry to bother you but...what town is this called?"

"Oh this is Castlebridge" she says and turns back to the window.

"No it can't be that's where St. Johnson's College is."

"Yes it is just about a 10 minute drive from here actually."

What?!

"Oh. Which....do you....uh-" I chuckle nervously "-sorry I j-just.....which direction is the college in?" I ramble.

"Down that road, turn right at the first exit and it's at the end of that road" she points out and I say my thanks and fast walk off; making my way to the college.

Everything will be fine.

I'm almost safe.

Hey cherries🍒 I wonder will Lola make it to the college on time? Where the hell is Ethan when you need him?!

I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy at this tuff time. We will all get through this together. Stay at home and social distance:)

As you are aware, Black Lives Matter has been trending everywhere. It is important to SPEAK OUT and spread AWARENESS as this is a very serious matter that we ALL need to change! If you have any platform whatsoever, don't be afraid to post about it. We all need to stick TOGETHER and fight for what's right! I have a link in my bio (Check my profile page) for ways to help. The more you talk about it the better because BLACK LIVES DO MATTER!

I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Keep promoting, if you like the book, tell your friends, family, frenemies whoever really😂 Vote and comment. See you soon with a new one;)
Amy