Chapter 28: Cassidy

I open my eyes slowly and the brightness overwhelms me. Am I in heaven or hell?

As my eyes adjust to the light I think about what just happened. I died in the arms of my mate. I miss Ethan so much.

A small selfish part of me wishes he died with me so we can conquer death together....but he is stuck in the cruel world all by himself. How could I have left him? Why did I have to attack the wolf? Why didn't I just grab Aubrey, run and hope for the best?!

Oh god....Aubrey. Hopefully they will find her. I was so caught up in Ethan's eyes I forgot all about Aubrey. She is in the forest all by herself with broken bones and only my jumper to cover up her nakedness. I should've at least tried to carry her.

I sit up from the ground I lie on and see I'm in a white room with nothing but a door on the other side. Is this what heaven is like? Just you alone with your thoughts.....

I stand up, reach for my throat and wince when I feel the hollow hole at the base. I probably look a mess; my clothes are all ripped, I'm covered in dirt and I have a hole in my throat for god sake!

I slowly make my way to the white door and open it up to see a big circular shaped room. The walls are covered in ancient art and the floor is marble. There're three thrones straight ahead of me at the very end of the room, facing me.

I walk down the steps and look around at the art. I stop in front of a painting that has caught my attention. It's a garden with not one patch of grass in sight. They're all different colours of flowers surrounding a narrow path that leads to a small wooden bridge.

The bridge goes over a pond that's filled with fish and frogs. There is a woman standing on top of the bridge staring into space with a beautiful smile on her face. She makes it look like she's so happy, yet the smile doesn't reach her eyes.

I squint my eyes looking more deeply at the painting. I don't know why but out of all of the hundreds of paintings along these walls...this particular one seems to be the only one intriguing me.

"That was my first painting of myself" I yelp in surprise at the women's voice behind me.

I turn around and see a beautiful women with chocolate long brown wavy hair with bright, hazel eyes. The exact same women in the painting. She laughs softly at my reaction.

"I apologise Lola. Please forgive me for my behaviour. I'm just so excited to finally meet you." She says with a genuine smile and I want to smile back but I'm just so confused right now.

"Ummm-" I clear my throat "-how do you know my name? Who are you? Where am I? Am I in heaven....or hell? I'm just so confused and I-" she cuts me off with a soft chuckle.

"Wow aren't you a curious little one" she says giving me an amused expression.

She backs away and walks towards the centre of the room. "My name is Cassidy Waters and you Lola, have managed to get yourself into a pickle now haven't you?" she says with a raised eyebrow. I follow and stand in front of her, waiting for her to continue.

"You see Lola, I've been watching you from up here and you poor thing have been through so much since you've entered the world of werewolves.

"-We don't like to call this place heaven or hell this is the other side. The side where all of the dead mystical creatures go. Since you are a healer and a Luna well....you're here too.

"-However, we aren't ready to take you in just yet" she says with a sweet smile and I stare at her bewildered.

"Are you saying.....you can bring me back....from the dead?" I ask in awe and I get a giggle in response. I stay where I am and watch her as she walks around the room staring at all of the paintings.