five

"I know what I felt, maybe... she's just something else?"

Garbled voices swam around her head, like a dream covered in static. Billie tried to pry her eyes open, but it took a second, and when she finally managed it, even the dim light of her unfamiliar surroundings was blinding.

"Well that something else better be useful Bon because I don't go around yelling vampire for just about anyone."

She squinted her eyes, making out a high, wooden ceiling through the mess of her dark lashes.

"Look, I get it. I made a mistake."

Billie reached her body forwards, fighting the groan building in her throat and the throbbing pulsing through her brain, a hand going up to cradle her fragile temple.

A scoff sounded through the walls and she became overly aware of the conversation happening in what she assumed was the next room over.

"But, if it does turn out that she's normal, and you lay a hand on her, Damon I will kill you."

She'd sat up quietly, intently listening now that she got her head back, as well as a flurry of memories from the previous night. She knew it was them, Bonnie and Damon. Billie blinked a few times, trying to rid the blur. Had they kidnapped her?

Damon tutted condescendingly. "Now, I know a perky, little doppelganger who would disagree with that kind of talk."

By now Billie was starting to panic slightly. She spun her legs away from her previous horizontal position, laying her dirty, blue sneakers onto the carpet silently, eyes flitting around her looking for a way out.

"I don't know Damon, I've been getting the feeling that between the two of us, I'm not the one most concerned about that anymore."

Tense silence was all that could be heard from the room where they were speaking. Billie wasn't sure how much longer she'd have the room to herself, she needed to find a way out. 

She had no idea why the hell she was here or what they planned on doing with her. Their conversation, at least as much as Billie'd heard, hadn't told her much, though she knew now to be cautious around Damon if she ever had the displeasure of seeing him again. 

Harper patted down her pockets, heart plummeting until she felt her phone tucked into her back pocket. The front door, although clearly visible from where she was, felt too risky considering she'd have to pass by the room she assumed Bonnie and Damon were in.

"Fine... have it your way."

Billie felt the conversation quickly reaching it's end, just as her eyes landed on a goldmine, disheartened but not discouraged by the darkness coating it.

Damon turned back to Bonnie on a final thought, eyes staring pointedly with a clear threat, despite knowing the extent of her strength. "But you better be right about this."

Bonnie stared right back challengingly, not responding because at that point, after the scene with Billie earlier at the Grill, she'd begun to doubt her own instincts. She only nodded stiffly.

The vampire glanced out the kitchen window at the pitch black sky, narrowing his eyes slightly. "It's late, you should go home."

She shook her head, scoffing as she shrugged past him to walk into the parlour where they'd left Billie passed out on the couch. "Yeah, like I'd leave her here. Alone. With you."

He lay a hand over his heart with a pout. "Sticks and stones, Bon."

The witch rolled her eyes, allowing a tiny smile once her head was turned away. She abruptly stopped in her steps, her gaze wandering over to the open, glass back door and empty couch.