twenty

Damon had told her that she should go back to the dance with her date, which Billie couldn't help but feel relieved over. She trusted that everything would go to plan and she agreed that she wasn't of much use lingering around. Besides, she felt bad about ditching Alex so suddenly and was more than happy for the excuse to go back to him.

Despite the fact that they were reunited, Billie was understandably a little anxious knowing what was happening at the same time that she was dancing to sixties music with her... well she didn't know what he was. So regretfully, Billie called it an early night and headed home soon, meeting briefly with Alex's friends.

After Bonnie successfully managed to fake her death, Billie called her to make sure she was alright with Jeremy in the witch house, a quick call that she didn't allow to last very long in the fear that Bonnie and Jeremy would want some time alone and she was imposing.

Elena had removed the dagger from Elijah's rotting body the very same night without anyone's knowledge and the Original had divulged her with information on Klaus, including the very shocking fact that they were brothers.

Billie stayed out of the drama for a couple days following the incident at the dance. She wanted to simply step away from the fray and relax. She had briefly flashed back to her first meeting with Bonnie in which she had confided that she too needed a break. Billie found it funny in an odd, ironic fashion that she now felt the same way after only a few short months.

While Harper was making coffee in the kitchen to get herself through the lazy Saturday afternoon, a knock sounded from the door. Billie set down her cup and approached the door, her lazy strides moving slowly and coming to a stop as she eventually reached the door.

"Elena?" Billie was surprised to see the doppelganger at her front door, coming to terms with the fact that the entire group probably knew where she lived now. Elena smiled her usual awkward grin in greeting with her hands in her pockets. Billie startled herself slightly and understood that she was waiting to be let in. She quickly opened the door wider and stepped to the side, allowing the girl to enter her humble apartment, though she still had a confused frown on her face.

"What are you doing here?" Billie hoped it didn't sound very rude, but the two weren't the closest of friends and Billie began to assume that something was wrong. Elena noticed her visible assumptions as they moved to the kitchen where Billie continued to make her coffee, briefly offering it to her and nodding when she declined.

Elena tensed her shoulders in her usual manner, like she was simply unable to relax and leaned slightly on the counter taking in her unfamiliar surroundings. "I talked with Elijah yesterday and... he said to tell you that if you still wanted to meet him, he's okay with it." She struggled out the words as she relived the memory, Billie understanding that she was probably trying to translate his cryptic and archaic way of speaking.

She was surprised at this information, and it must have shown on her face because Elena was regarding her with inquisitive eyes, a question on the tip of her tongue. Billie had assumed that when Elijah was unceremoniously daggered that he would blame the girl to some degree and think she had a hand in it. She was shocked to find that his offer still stood. Billie garnered it was probably because he wasn't willing to lose the good faith of a clairvoyant.

Harper glanced up at the doppelganger, feeling her eyes boring into her bent head. She cringed inwardly, knowing the brunette would demand some sort of explanation, even if Billie wasn't ready to give one. "What's going on between you and Elijah, Billie." Her tone wasn't judgemental or rude, more a concerned motherly tone, which if anything Billie found worse, but she didn't show it. "He and I... we made a deal."

Billie got out the words and looked up to Elena, the look in her eyes told her that the Gilbert would not settle for an answer so vague. She sighed, a little annoyed that she was being forced to come out with the information through an unexpected confrontation. Billie leaned her elbows over the counter across from Elena, her warm cup of caffeine nestled in her curled fingers and she told her everything there was to tell.