nine

While inside, Billie witnessed a few odd things. Caroline was sneaking up the stairs to execute her part of the plan. Bonnie grabbed the arm of the woman she'd pointed out to her earlier with a suspicious look on her face. Jeremy disappeared outside and ran back in a few minutes later, bounding up the steps in a hurry. All the while, Billie nursed a fresh glass of vodka that the bartender promised would be her last. She'd deal with that issue later.

Soon enough, Jeremy came back downstairs, worry written all over his young face. He spotted her at the bar and walked over. Billie smiled happily over at him but the frown only deepened.

"Are you drunk?" He asked, but he already knew the answer.

Billie nodded enthusiastically. "Yes. Very. What's wrong? Did it work? Why aren't you celebrating? Drink?"

She peppered him with questions, well aware of the slight slur in her words.

"Katherine has a witch too, she linked herself to Elena. She's outside right now. She's hurt bad Billie." Jeremy informed her solemnly. Billie's smile disappeared and she frowned, asking the Gilbert to lead her to Elena.

Outside, under the shade of a manicured bush. Elena sat with Bonnie, who rushed off to find the other witch at the party once she spotted the pair.

Billie kneeled down unsteadily in front of Elena while her brother put an arm gingerly over her shoulder.

Billie waved the glass in front of Elena, offering it to her, but she shook her head. "Honey, I suggest you drink if you wanna get through all this sane." She gestured vaguely at the several pools of blood on Elena's body and the girl quietly sipped the vodka, cringing heavily and handing it back.

Harper sighed, standing to her feet and leaning forward to cup Elena's face caringly. "You're gonna be alright, girl. Go to your happy place." She spoke softly and Elena quietly thanked her with a grateful but pained smile and Billie took her leave, giving the siblings some space. Jeremy suggested she head upstairs and make to sure the brothers didn't do anything stupid.

She grabbed the bottle of her drink discreetly from behind the bar and gave herself a refill before climbing the steps to the room where the plan had failed disastrously.

Billie found the room easily enough, Damon was standing just at the threshold, testing out Bonnie's magical barrier, a glass of amber liquid swirling in his palm. His eyes widened on seeing her stumbling towards them. She didn't come in, even in her state she understood that would be very unwise.

Instead, she sat on the floor right outside the room, her legs out in front of her, blue material pooling on the floor. Stefan peaked over, waving at the girl while Katherine regarded her with amused eyes.

"S'up dudes, I am your designated babysitter! I'm here to make sure you sneaky kids don't do anything stupid." Billie squinted her eyes at the vampires in the room, amusing herself with the role she'd adopted. Stefan laughed quietly.

"We are several hundred years older than you." Stefan quipped sarcastically from where he paced restlessly on the floor.

"Don't you talk back to me, young man." Billie pointed sternly at the vampire from the floor and he rolled his eyes with a smile.

Damon scoffed happily, falling to sit on the floor across from Billie, he looked over at her, sniffing the air with interest. "Ooh, straight vodka, interesting choice." He observed while sipping his own drink.

Billie held up the glass, examining it herself, as if seeing it for the first time. "Well, it doesn't go down the easiest, but it gets the job done." Billie shrugged, satisfied with her justification.