seventeen

Light filtered in softly from between the thick curtains and Billie groaned quietly, the brightness hurting her sensitive eyes after the night's indulgences. Aside from the minor hangover, Billie felt refreshed waking up in an actual bed with sheets and a comforter as opposed to the quaint little couch she usually occupied. She also quickly caught onto the fact that there was someone else in her bed.

Her drowsy eyes flitted up from where her hand laid on a black shirted, hard chest and up to the smirking face of Damon Salvatore. "Rise and shine Blue. How were your dreams, was I in them?" He wiggled his brows suggestively and Billie groaned, too tired to physically roll her eyes. She reached a hand up to put a finger to his lips, the noise of his voice particularly nauseating today.

He only smiled with amusement and jumped off the bed, the warm spot where he laid feeling empty without him. Damon looked back at Billie who was ready to fall asleep again and smirked mischievously before whipping the blinds open, bathing happily in the full light that illuminated the entire room with his hands on his hips.

The vampire easily ignored her grunts of disapproval from the bed and hummed with delight as he stared out at his forested back yard. "Such a beautiful day Blue, you should really get out, enjoy the sun."

Billie mumbled under her breath, fully aware that he could hear her. "Suck dirt and die Damon." He only laughed happily, loudly stamping against the floor as he approached her bed.

"Now that is no way to treat your gracious host, is it Blue." Within a mere second he had scooped her up, comforter and all, and was speeding downstairs into the parlour where Stefan quietly sipped his coffee while reading the paper. The younger brother only glanced towards the pair as Damon dumped her onto the couch before resuming his activities.

Billie smiled slightly, happy he'd left her comforter and snuggled into the couch while he pouted. "Morning Stefan."

He did a little flip of his newspaper and sipped more coffee, his eyes still reading the tiny print. "It's two in the afternoon, Bills."

Damon tutted dramatically as he walked casually towards his drink table. "This behaviour is unacceptable."

Billie simply made a childish face at him and huffed slightly, her head aching dully. She glanced over at the table where Damon was pouring himself a small glass to get through the day. "Could I have one of those?" She tried her luck, hoping the vampires would take on the role of being a horrible influence for the length of her stay.

Stefan put down his newspaper and stared over at the teenager with a deadpan. "I repeat, it is two in the afternoon." Billie smiled sweetly at him.

"It's the weekend, it doesn't count." She stated, like that explained everything. Stefan rolled his eyes, a small smile peaking at the corner of his lips. He stood up, folding his paper like the old boomer he was and excused himself to go call Elena.

Billie watched him go, a small part of her brain nagging at her. She saw the way he was with Elena and she'd be lying if she said she didn't want something like that for herself. But she couldn't. Aside from the supernatural baggage, Billie felt she wasn't much of a catch to begin with, if she may say so herself.

Harper was pulled from her thoughts when a glass filled with amber liquid appeared to her left. She smiled and looked up at Damon as she accepted the glass. He smirked cutely and winked at her. "Our secret."

Billie nodded her head and softly clinked her glass against his in agreement, enjoying her late breakfast.

»»»

Stefan left the house soon after, off on a romantic getaway with Elena, Damon had a Historical Tea to attend, whatever the hell that meant, Bonnie, Caroline and Jeremy were up to something with Luka, one of Elijah's witches, which she did not particularly approve of but if she didn't back it up with some clairvoyant proof, Billie knew no one would listen to her, Matt had work and there was no way in hell that Billie was talking to Tyler after what he did.