twenty one

Billie sat on her living room couch in a sulk. The sky had darkened and the full moon shone brightly. Her heart was doing nervous little skits every few minutes, thinking about what could be happening at that very minute. Had Klaus already taken Elena, had Damon done anything else to get himself killed, was Bonnie ready to play her role, would Elijah live up to his role and kill his own brother?

Meanwhile, Billie Harper would sit sulking on the couch and drinking her aunt's tequila to pass the nervewracking time. I mean what was she supposed to do other than sit and wait. Over and over her vision flashed darkly but at some point, Billie wasn't even sure if it was because of the clairvoyance or the tequila. And even if it wasn't the tequila, what could she do, show up at the old witch house and proclaim in a stumbling haze that something was gonna happen. Yeah, no shit.

A thousand things could go wrong with their plan and Billie couldn't help but go through each one in painstaking detail in her mind. She couldn't even talk to Alex because of course he had no idea about all the crazy shit that went on in town and her aunt was once again at the hospital. Which was probably moreover a good thing since she wouldn't witness her niece hogging her stashed tequila.

Billie checked her phone. No calls or texts and still another hour before the moon reached it's apex. It was like the calm before the storm and it only worried her more. Before she could stop herself, Billie dialled Bonnie's phone, knowing she was waiting at the witch house with Jeremy, Alaric and Elijah. She picked up almost immediately.

"Is something wrong?" Immediately the witch asked her and Billie rolled her eyes tiredly, adjusting the phone on her shoulder so she could slouch more comfortably.

"No, you silly billy, I'm just checking up on you and as it sounds, you're just as nervous as I am which, I admit, does make me feel better."

There was a pause over the line before Bonnie spoke again with an edge of humour in her voice. "Billie are you... drunk right now?" There was a light chuckle in the background but Billie ignored it, throwing her hands in the air with a scoff, narrowly avoiding spilling her drink.

"Pfft, hell yeah, how are you not."

Bonnie laughed lightly at Billie's words, feeling her carefree attitude slightly uplift her spirits. "Um, maybe because I value the health of my liver?"

Billie shook her head adamantly and took a swig. "Excuses, excuses Bennett, I thought you were better than this."

Alaric's voice invaded the line and Billie began to assume that everyone could hear her. "You know Bils, if you keep drinking like that you might end up like me."

Billie smiled in approval. "Well Ric I happen to think that you are quite the icon so, onwards and upwards it is!" She threw back another gulp, coughing slightly at the taste.

A beep sounded in Billie's ear and she pulled her phone from her ear to see the name. It was an unknown number. "Listen Banana, I gotta go just... don't die tonight, capiche?" Bonnie was quiet for a moment before she responded quietly. "Yeah alright, capiche."

Billie smiled at the affirmation, some of her dread from earlier seeping back into her heart as she hung up. She took another quick sip to rid of it before she answered the incoming call. "Hello, hello, how do do do." She slurred lazily into the line, ready to hang up on a wrong number. There was the slightest of pauses before a soft British accent filtered through the line.

"I must say, I wasn't expecting such a warm address, love."

Billie furrowed her brows in confusion, before sighing lightly. "Listen Charlie Chaplin, I have neither the patience, nor the sobriety to listen to riddles tonight."