Chapter 2

I open my eyes just as we pull into the driveway. It's dark outside. Dad turns off the car and I watch as the beams from the headlights disappear from the garage door.
"We're here!" Dad says. I smile.
"I know." I undo my seatbelt, open the car door, and step out onto the cement driveway. I stretch my arms up, it was a long drive. I turn back, and grab my backpack out of the car. I close the door and walk up to the front door. My mom's standing there waiting for me.
"How was the drive?" She asks, smiling.
"Kind of long" I reply with a grin. "I'm tired."
"I'm not surprised. Your bed is all set up, you can go to sleep if you want, and we can unpack in the morning."
"Thanks mom." I give her a hug and walk by her, into the front hallway. She keeps standing at the door, waiting for my dad to come in. Kicking my shoes off on the mat, I see the closet. I grab a hanger and put my coat away. I've only been to the house once before, and it was awhile ago, so it takes me a few minutes to get to the stairs. I reach the top and look around. There's 4 doors, but I guess the one with all the Big Time Rush posters on it is the one I'm going to be sharing with my sister. She kind of loves that band. I open the door. My sister is sitting cross-legged on her bed, ipad in hand, with her earbuds in. She looks up as I close the door. She puts down the ipad, and jumps up to greet me. She gives me a hug and smiles.
"Katie! I'm so happy we get to share a room. Did you see all my posters?" She asks with a grin. She's 13, one year younger then I am. So sometimes it's easy to get along, sometimes it's not.
"Yes I did. How many more are there left to put up, Sammy?" I tease. She sticks her tung out at me.
"You're sooooo funny!" She says, before adding, sheepishly; "And I still have to finish covering my half of the room." I look over. The room is pretty big, so it won't be too bad to share with her I guess. I set my bag down on my bed. My light blue sheets, with my dark blue comforter go nicely with the wood paneling in the room. The room is set up with two, almost identical sides. Both my sister and I each have half of the room. Each with a bed, a book shelf, desk, and a dresser. There're also a closet for us to share. I can't help but notice that our sides are colour coded. My desk chair, and bed are blue, while hers are both purple. My laptop, which is also blue, is set up on my desk. I realize my Sister has gone back to her ipad. I look over at the screen, no surprise it's some video of Big Time Rush. I pull out my desk chair and sit down, turning on my laptop. The lock screen pops up, and I type my password. I look over at my sister again, while my laptop is loading. She's still really engrossed in whatever is on the ipad. I check back, the home screen is loaded, and thankfully, someone has already programmed the wifi password into my laptop. Probably my dad. I open the browser and log into my email. There's just a few junk ones and one email from Karly, with some pictures we took a few days before. She doesn't have a phone, so she still emails me. She's probably the only reason I still use my email, actually. I save the pictures, then send her a quick reply, saying I had arrived and everything was good. It had been hard to say good bye, but I was still happy to be in LA. I clicked on the new email button, and pullout my old phone. I sift through the notes on it, until I find the one I'm looking for. J's email. I can't help but smile. I punch it into the address bar. I sit back and stare at the screen, the cursor blinking back at me. I take a deep breath and start typing.
"Hey, its Katie, you probably don't remember me, but we used to hang out all the time. Long time no see, or talk for that matter, haha. Anyways I just moved to LA, and thought if you ever had time, we could maybe just meet up and maybe hang. I understand if you don't remember me, and/or you're too busy to hang out cause you're all famous and stuff now. Lol. I'm not even sure you'll get this, I don't know if you even use this email anymore, but I don't have your current phone number. Anyways, hmu if you have time,
Katie"
Wow, its kind of long, but everything there, is something that needs to be said. Maybe he wont see it! I think hopefully, and then I realize, don't I want him to read it? I click send, before I can change my mind. As soon as the "sent" sign pops up, I log out and turn off my computer.
"Who were you emailing?" My sister says, scaring me. She has a smirk on her face.
"Just an old friend." I reply, playing it off as if it's no big deal.
"Suuuure." She replies, not believing me.
"Whatever! I'm going to bed." I grab the pyjamas I brought, out of my back pack, and step into our shared bathroom to change. After I'm done, I take my bag from my bed and drop it on the floor, I'm actually exhausted. As soon as the covers are pulled up, over me, I'm sound asleep.