Chapter 17

Ashtyn and Lilian lead me to the office.
"Pretend to limp." Lilian hisses at me. I look at her, surprised. But I do it anyways. The secretary looks up as we walk in. She takes in my red, puffy eyes, and Ashtyn helping me walk, as I limp.
"Oh dear." she says, coming around the front desk to help me sit down in a chair.
"We helped her here. We found her in the hall. She tripped, and fell." Lilian says, faking a concerned face.
"She was trying to make it to class because she was worried about being late." Ashtyn adds.
"Oh my! You shouldn't have worried about that honey!" she says to me. "None of you will be late. Thank you girls for helping her." The secretary lady hands me ice, and asks for our names.
"Are you feeling better?" Lilian asks, still playing along.
"Much better." I reply, even though holding the ice against my knee is making it go numb.
"Here you are girls." The secretary hands us a note. "Just give this note to your teacher, alright? If they have any questions, they can go through me!" She grins at us. We laugh and smile at her. She seems nice.
"Thank you!" I reply. Ashtyn helps me up, and we head for class. As soon as we're clear of the office, we burst into laughter.
"OMG Lilian, you were so good! I almost believed it!" I say, still laughing. I feel my phone vibrate, it's Blake and Carter, in the group chat.

C: Where ru guys? Mr Dickson is going crazy!

B: yeah! We can't stall forever 😷

I giggle at Blake's emoji. Ashtyn and Lilian are on their phones now too.

K: we're coming now!

L: it's a long story, we'll tell u guys at lunch 💜

A: long, long, long story! 😂

K: 😂

L: 😂

C: 😓

B: 💩

Ash, Lil and I read Blake's text, breaking into laughter all over again. But we have to stop suddenly, because we're now at class. I put my arm back around Ashtyn's shoulder, and start limping again, just not as bad as before. Lilian opens the door and walks in, Ashtyn and I follow behind her.
"Where were you three?" Mr Dickson yells. Then he notices me, slung over Ashtyn. His face softens.
"Katie, are you alright?" he asks, in a much softer tone then before. I nod my head. Lilian hands him our note. He reads it, and nods at us. Ashtyn helps me to my desk. But it's just for show. Carter, who sits next to me, flashes me a concerned glance, pointing towards my knee.
"I'll tell you later." I mouth to him. He nods his head and goes back to listening to our teacher's lesson. I pull out my note book, and start listening too. I sit at the back of the class, so when I feel my phone go off, I know I can check it. It's in our group chat again, it's Blake.

B: does anybody else see the toilet paper stuck to Mr Dick's foot? 😂

K: u guys call him Mr dick? 😝 and omg ur right! I see it! 😂

C: 😂💩

I look over at Carter, he has his phone under his desk, just like me. I look at Lilian and Ashtyn, since they sit towards the middle of the room, near Blake. I can see Ashtyn holding her phone, but not texting, while Lilian and Blake are pretty much focused on their screens.

L: so r we gonna tell him? 😂
L: and yes katie, cause he's kind of a dick 😂

A: he's looking at u Blake

We all look up after reading Ashtyn's text. Sure enough, our teacher is staring straight at Blake.
"Anything you'd like to share with the class?" Mr Dickson asks.
"No, sir. Although, I love the toilet paper on your shoe. Great job accessorizing this morning." Blake says with a straight face, giving the teacher a thumbs up. There's a moment of silence, as everyone, including Mr Dickson, looks down at his foot. Then then whole class bursts into laughter. Our teacher's face turns bright red. I'm not sure if he's blushing, or he's just that angry.
"Blake!" He snaps. Blake looks up at him. "Detention after school!"
"But I didn't do anything!" Blake protests.
"I doubt that highly!" The teacher retorts. Carter raises his hand.
"Blake was with me before class, he didn't do it."
"Oh, admitting to being an accomplice are we?" Mr Dickson says to Carter.
"What? No!" Carter exclaims, annoyed.
"Fine, you can join your friend in detention! Would anybody like to join them?" A hush falls over the class, as he scans the faces staring back at him. "No? Good choice." He turns back to his lesson, and we go back to what we were doing before. I open the group chat that's just with the girls.

K: listen, since the boys are ummm, shall we say, otherwise occupied? 😂

I send the first text, and start on my next one, but Lilian replies first.

L: occupied as in a bathroom? With toilet paper? 💩😂

K: LOL I didn't even think about that 😂 and I was wondering if u guys could hang out w/ me until I get picked up?
K: I promise u won't regret it..... 😉

L: im in!

A: Same
A: but I'm going to back to our lesson now, cause I'm not interested in ending up hanging out with the boys in here any longer then I have to

I click the lock button, and shove my phone back into my pocket. I don't want to get in trouble either, I might have a date! Ha, I wish. I'll probably just end up becoming a crazy cat lady! I sit back in my chair, and listen to our teacher's annoying lesson.