Chapter 25

*4 weeks later*

I grab my gloves off the bench. I'm finally on that skating date with Jace.

Unfortunately my friends from LA couldn't come, since I had flown to Canada 3 days ago.

Jace had gotten special permission to spend a week with me over the break. it had taken a lot of convincing, but our parents had agreed. Jace was staying in a hotel and not with us in our old home though.

"Come on!" I laugh, pulling Jace onto the ice.
"It's harder than it looks." Jace puffed.
"You'll get used to it." I tell him. "Here, put your arm around my shoulder." I move closer to him.
"You just want me to hold you." Jace teases, swinging his arm around me.
"Maybe I do." I grin back.

I then quickly take off, gaining speed and moving away from Jace.
"Hey!" He exclaims, stumbling on his skates. I laugh at his attempts to catch up.
"Well, you're not bending as much." I tell him.
"What do you mean?" He looks down at his knees. "Am I supposed to stand up straight?" He looks confused.
"No." I shake my head. "Beginners bend their ankles inwards when they skate. You're not doing it as much anymore."
"Oh." Jace grins proudly.

He then proceeds to fall on his face. I burst out laughing. Jace glares at me.

A supervisor in a bright reflective vest skates up to us.
"Everybody okay here?" The girl asks, she's maybe a year older than us.
"Yeah, it'd be better if she'd teach me to skate instead of just laughing at me." Jace shoots me a look.
"Well, you can use the boards if you need to." The girl tells Jace.
"Thanks."

"No problem. Hey, aren't you on that show or whatever?" The girl asks, looking at Jace.
"Yeah, actually." Jace replies sheepishly. I don't think he'd anticipated being noticed here in Canada.
"Oh cool, my sister loves your show." The girl is being pretty calm, so it probably is her sister and not her that likes the show, or Jace.

"I'm glad." Jace grins.
"What are you doing across boarder?" The girl asks.
"Visiting some friends, and vacation."

"Oh, ok. Hey, maybe you could like one of my sisters photos? She has a fan account for you." The girl says.
"I can do one better." Jace smiles mysteriously. "What's the username?"
"Uh, gimme a second..." The girl trails off as she checks something on her phone.
"It's 'Jace.norman.fan.foreverrr', with 3 'R's'." she says.
"Tell your sister to check her account in an hour." Jace says.
"Oh, she's always on it." The girls smiles. "Anyways, thanks." And she skates away.

"You're getting more and more popular." I say, kinda teasing.
"I guess. But what's it going to be like tomorrow when we hang out with Riele? Like will they recognize both of us?" He muses.
"I dunno, maybe wear a hat and glasses?" I suggest. I'm kidding, but Jace takes my seriously.
"Yeah, maybe."

"I was kidding!" I exclaim. "Now come on! I wanna skate." I say, dragging him along with me.
"Okay! I'm coming." Jace laughs, and we keep skating for another hour.

~2 hours later~

"Hey, I'm home." I call into the house. It's kinda empty since we haven't lived here, other than vacations, in awhile.
"Hey honey, how was skating?" My mom greets me.
"Fine, Jace fell a lot." I laugh.
"And did you help him or just point and giggle?" My mom asks, looking at me ruefully.
"Um, helped him?" I offer, grinning sheepishly.
"Sure you did." My mom replies.

"Listen, Katie, your Dad and I want to talk to you and your siblings." My mom says suddenly.
"Uh, alright?" I say.

My mom leads me from the hall into the living room, where the rest of my family already is.

I take a seat next to Sam on the couch. I look at her to see if she knows what this is about, but she just shakes her head.

"Alright guys, we have some news." My mom starts. "As you know, my hours have been getting a little less flexible at work recently."
"Which wasn't supposed to happen since we moved to LA." My dad says.
"But my company would like to move me again." My mom finishes.